Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt

Start from the beginning

Velzard : It seems you found it so tell me now.
Dawn : I-i...you have a daughter...

Velzard : Eh ? EHHHHH ?!

Several minutes later, Velzard finally calmed down and Dawn explained the situation.

Basically, something similar to Veldora and Charybdis happened to Velzard...and with her magicule she gave birth to a spirit.

That spirit was summoned by Dawn and given the name Snowie...after accompanying him, Dawn's ice magic was strongly influenced by Snowie's magicule.

This just showed how high quality Snowie's magicule was...

Velzard : So you are the master of my supposed daughter...

Dawn : Y-yes...

Velzard's reactions are now totally random...even for a reader like Dawn.

Velzard : I see...ahh, where is she now ?

Dawn : We had to be separated 20 years ago...right now she must be with a girl named Luna.

Velzard : Luna ? I see...

Velzard was perplexed, she couldn't feel any form of lie in those words...meaning this is true, that means she truly has a daughter.

Spacing out, Velzard wondered...how it felt to have a daughter...is it like when Velgrynd and Veldora were born ?

Velzard : Let's make a deal.

Dawn : Huh ?

Velzard : You were transported here by an enemy right, I'll help you and in exchange let me meet Snowie.

Dawn : ...sorry miss Velzard but i...don't think i deserve to see Snowie again after what i did.

He fell silent afterward, in reality Dawn felt guilt and couldn't properly face Snowie or Luna.

Because...he kept moving forward to get stronger and let them behind...

Velzard : Mmh, still you formed a contract right, someone who is my daughter won't break it even if the soul corridor is gone.

Dawn : I-

Velzard : Shut it, you seem interesting so i'll help you or are you saying that you'll refuse the majestic Ice empress's help ?

She clearly added some threatening tone in purpose...Dawn could just sigh and accept her term once again.

Dawn : Fine...but i cannot guarantee the success.

Velzard : Fine for m-

Dawn : But before that...can I ask a question ?

Velzard : ...cut me off again and I'll put you in an ice coffin.

Dawn : H-hai...

Velzard : Whatever, ask your question.

Dawn : Well...why help me ? With the information I have given you, no you can probably even go through my memory and find everything you need...

Velzard : Oh that...w-well, if I killed the one my daughter chose...i would look kind of bad in front of her...

Turning around, hiding her expression...Velzard spoke up embarrassed.

Dawn : A-i see...(That's horrendously cute...)

Velzard : A-anyway, what is your course of action now ? My schedule is pretty much clear at the moment.

Dawn : (If i recall correctly, beside staying here doing nothing all day for centuries...she doesn't have any other duty...)

Dawn could just stare at Velzard who was still facing the other way...at first glance you couldn't tell those two were in a death situation fight earlier...