👑Episode 3👑

The main cover of this book

Ottoman Palace backyard

Harem area

The Wedding Square of Edirne Palace Garden was in dazzling beauty. Sümbül Agha and the other officials meticulously supervised the wedding preparations carefully placed in every corner of the garden. The squares were set up with precise arrangements, tables were delicately arranged, and the entire area was adorned with colorful roses and flowers.

In his typical manner, Sümbül Agha swiftly moved around complaining about everything and shouting, "Come on, hurry up, don't dawdle!" in an attempt to maintain order.

Everyone was present in the wedding garden; evening was rapidly approaching, and there were just a few hours left until the grand wedding commenced. However, just before this joyful moment, a chilling voice echoed: "DESTUR SULTAN ABILDEVRANŞAH HAN HAZRETLERİ!!!" (Permission, Sultan Abildevranşah Khan.) Upon hearing these words, everyone immediately took their places and directed their gazes towards the direction the sultan was coming from. Sultan Abildevranşah, known for the intimidating gaze that struck fear into the hearts of his enemies, dismounted from his horse and stepped into the palace garden.

Sultan Abildevranşah had arrived from the battlefield as promised, and he timely joined the wedding night of his dear niece Hatice Sultana. A leader always true to his promises throughout his reign, Sultan Abildevranşah seemed poised to make this night unforgettable.

Seeing Valide Sultana, Sevda Sultana, and Hatice Sultana Abildevranşah return safely had brought immense joy to everyone, especially Valide Sultana. This reunion had created emotional moments for each of them. However, on that day, Sultan Abildevranşah was not the only expected person. Particularly, the one awaited by Sevda Sultana was Prince Mustafa.

The Backyard Horse Square of Edirne Palace was one of the favorite places for princes to spend their time. This expansive square ran parallel to the palace's almost backyard. Forests and mountains could easily be seen from this vast area. Ottoman princes spent their time in this large area from a very young age, learning to ride horses and organizing horse races. The square was not only used for horse races but also for various other games and competitions. On that day, the princes in the palace spent their time here until the wedding hour approached. Prince Vural and Prince Nevzat were organizing their favorite race. Prince Vural was the one with the most robust build among them, possessing a highly masculine character. He was a skillful and excessively confident young man. On the other hand, Prince Nevzat had a calmer and colder appearance. His large blue eyes gave him a consistently stern demeanor. Among his brothers, Nevzat was the one with the most disciplined character. The end of the horse race between Prince Vural and Nevzat had arrived that day. As they reached the red finish line, Prince Bora shouted, "Hey Nevzat, you couldn't beat this rascal again!"

Bora was always the most energetic, cheerful, and lively among the princes. Since childhood, he would make jokes, and despite being a prince, he never gave up on humorous jests. Despite having a more relaxed demeanor compared to his other siblings, he was the most endearing among them. His slanted eyes always added a pleasant air to his cunning and spoiled behavior; no one could fully get mad at him. However, for years, he couldn't escape Vural's wit and occasionally faced the consequences of Vural's untimely jokes.

Prince Vural: "My boy, don't you know that in this world, horse riding is a child's play for me? Every time you insist on racing, I accept it not to disappoint you. But it's not working, it's just not working. Every time, you end up losing to me; accept it, you won't be able to beat me! I am the king of the horse world, damn it."

Prince Nevzat: "Hey Vural... Look, you'll see. This time Karakız (the name of the horse) was a bit injured, so I couldn't beat you. But next time, I will definitely defeat you, and if I don't make you eat these words, don't call me Prince Nevzat."

Bora: Wow wow wow wow. My brother is soaring again.

Prince Nevzat: What's this anger about? Don't you trust your brother? Come here, I'll break that leg of yours. Look, this guy is even laughing, the audacity.

Prince Bora: Brother, stop it, Nevzat brother, stop. Vural brother, say something to him. Just kidding, it was a joke.

Prince Nevzat: Let it not happen again. Learn to behave a bit more like a prince. Grow up, just grow up.

Prince Bora: Oh brother, is it you too? Oh, I'm tired of this talk. You were the only one left not bothering me, and now you've joined. Look, my parents are nagging morning and evening, and if you want, don't start.

Prince Nevzat: Alright, then, learn to behave like a prince. Didn't you see, damn it, it was a matter of passing the finish line before Vural?

Prince Vural, chuckling to himself, said, "Yes, yes. Of course, it was."

Prince Bora: Of course, brother, yes, you would have passed. You would have, you'll do it, don't worry. You'll win next time, come on.

Prince Nevzat: Look here, Bora, learn to be serious. Act dignified in front of the pasha gentlemen tonight. Just like a prince, okay, my boy? Otherwise, I know how to break your legs before Sultan Abildevranşah. Our valide (queen mother) won't be able to stop me then, according to that. Alright, my lord?

Prince Bora: Alright, brother, alright. Oh, okay. Seriously, you ruined the taste of the wedding, you know. We would have had such a great time, is it appropriate to do this now, just before the wedding? You don't leave any morale in a person. Mustafa my brother would have been here, you know, would it be like this? He wouldn't allow you to overpower me like this. He would always have my back. Oh, my brother, I really miss you.

Prince Bora's voice echoed through the area. With eyes full of emotion, he stood in the middle of the area with an expression unable to contain his feelings. Putting his hand through his hair, Bora looked into space for a moment, diving into the past. Instead of the festive atmosphere of the wedding, there was now an internal emptiness in the garden. At that moment, happy memories from the past and the time spent with Mustafa came alive in his mind. The longing for the strong bond between them overflowed within him.

👑The end of episode 3👑