👑Episode 1(👑Edirne Palace. Wedding Day👑)

Edirne Palace. Wedding Day👑

Hello. İf you like this story please don't forget give votes and leave comments.

It was centuries ago when horsemen, not cars, ruled the roads, and an era where masculinity and skill reached their peak

We're in the 15th century of the Ottoman era, during the reign of Sultan Abildevranshah. Known for his cruelty and cold character, yet bound by tradition.

In 15th-century Edirne, the dusty streets were filled with excitement. Everyone hurried somewhere. Palace officials passionately negotiated in the city market. Meanwhile, preparations for the night continued at full speed in the palace. In the enchanting garden of Edirne's magnificent palace, rams were sacrificed, tables were set, and arenas for horse riding, archery, and combat shows were erected.

Edirne Palace was one of the most beautiful of its time, perched on a high hill of the city. Surrounded by forests, mountains, and rivers, its high architectural features were fortified by the best engineers of the time against enemy attacks. Strengthened on the eve of Sultan Abildevranshah's reign in the 15th century, these palaces and towers were now considered impregnable by the Byzantines. Tensions between the Ottomans and Byzantines had risen, and the anticipated 15th-century conquest was approaching. People were unaware that the conqueror was among them. Yet, in a few short years, the Ottoman Empire would witness the rise of a new sun, the "Conqueror Lion," who would etch his name in history with golden letters...🏹⚔️🏹

The interior decoration of Edirne Palace was as magnificent, rich, and ostentatious as its exterior. The palace's interior featured ornate, spacious, and high-ceilinged rooms adorned with red, shiny, handmade carpets, glittering and majestic chandeliers, patterned fabrics, and rich embellishments. The furniture, primarily in a bright red color, was adorned with valuable wood and intricate carvings. Every corner of the palace was meticulously arranged to create a luxurious and aesthetic atmosphere. ⛪

Just like other Ottoman palaces, the interior walls of Edirne Palace were lavishly decorated. Bright red, blue, green, and gold tones were frequently used throughout the palace. The furniture was generally in wooden tones, but some were adorned with gold leaf and carved details.

In the Ottoman Empire, the harem was a special section where the sultan and his family resided. The harem housed the sultan's wives, concubines, and children, forming an exclusive community of women that was highly guarded. The harem section had an intriguing and mysterious atmosphere, featuring magnificent structures with gardens, courtyards, and spacious rooms. Within Edirne Palace's harem, elegant decorations, colorful fabrics, and valuable items could be found. In addition to being one of the most beautiful architectural marvels of its time, Edirne Palace boasted the sultan's throne room, harem, divan-ı hümayun (council of ministers), green palace gardens, library, bathhouse, kitchens, and more.

Its gardens were as beautiful and enchanting as its interior. The gardens were adorned with expansive grassy areas, colorful and fragrant flowers, and trees. Additionally, the gardens featured winding paths embraced by bushes and grass on all sides, as well as pools and fountains. The roads leading to victory began within the architectural marvel of Edirne Palace, with its unique beauty of the time.

Everything started on a wedding day at Edirne Palace. The entire palace community eagerly awaited that night with great excitement. As the hours until the establishment of the wedding tent dwindled, joy reigned in the harem, where palace girls and women adorned themselves and prepared for the wedding night by wearing their most expensive jewelry.

Ottoman women, as they adorned themselves that day, wore elegant clothes, delicately applied makeup to their faces, meticulously combed their hair with fringed combs, and enveloped themselves in intoxicating scents with unique fragrant oils. The rich fabrics of the palace women's dresses were adorned with silk and gold embroidery.

That day, there was someone in the palace even more excited than the bride. Her name was Sevda Sultan. With black wavy hair, black eyes, and dressed in a simple yellow outfit, this girl was the niece of Sultan Abildevranshah and the darling of Valide Sultan. On that day, she was leaving the palace by marrying her sister Hatice Sultan Pargalı. She was deeply saddened by the fact that she would lose her sister.

While everyone in the palace was preparing for the evening wedding, Sevda Sultan sat in her specially decorated room on a couch adorned with golden embroidery, lost in deep thoughts. Although tonight's marriage marked the beginning of happiness for her sister, for Sevda, it would be the beginning of spiritual loneliness. Her sister had always been her greatest supporter in this palace, more like a mother than a sister.

Even though she would lose her sister that day, she would see someone she loved dearly, Şehzade Mustafa, again after many years. Hence, there was a mixed feeling of sorrow and joy within her. But she couldn't exactly pinpoint what she would feel. Sevda Sultan walked through the magnificent corridors of the palace and stood in front of her sister's room.

Looking inside, she saw her sister sitting in front of the mirror, applying makeup, looking like a world beauty in her yellow-fringed wedding dress, radiating happiness as she prepared for her wedding. Sevda felt ashamed of her own unhappiness. It seemed as if she was ruining her sister's life and dreams for her own benefit. Overwhelmed with guilt, she was about to leave when she noticed her sister seeing her. Trying to act as if she had just arrived, her sister initiated the conversation.

Sevda Sultan entered her sister's room in embarrassment and sincerely asked, "Sister, can I come in?"

With a warm smile, Hatice Sultan replied, "Of course, come in, my troublemaker."

After wiping away the tears from her eyes, Sevda Sultan rushed to her sister and hugged her, emotionally expressing, "Sister, it's easy to say for you, but now, in this vast palace, what will I do alone without you, my sister?" With these words, she started crying uncontrollably.

Hatice Sultan, gently wiping the tears from Sevda's eyes in an attempt to calm her, said, "Shhh, my sister, would I ever leave you alone? Look, I promise, as much as I can, I'll come to the palace and see you."

Sevda Sultan, still in an emotional state, poured out her feelings, saying, "Sister, forgive me. Crying on your happiest day, on your wedding day, wasn't my intention to upset you. But I'm scared. I'm terrified of loneliness, sister. If you leave me too, I'll have no one," expressing her fears.

Hatice Sultan responded comprehensively to Sevda Sultan's internal struggles, expressing her words with a deep tone filled with love and strength:

"No, there's no such thing. You are not alone. And look, there's Leyla. She has always been like a sister to you. She loves you dearly, always by your side; don't worry, my sister. Look into my eyes. You are a real sultan. No one can harm you. You are the daughter of this dynasty. No one can defeat us. You'll see; we will always be the strongest. And look, one day, you too will marry and be happy. Then, all feelings tied to loneliness will scatter, beaded sultan.

Sevda Sultan's eyes momentarily turned into a smile with her sister's encouraging words. However, the sense of emptiness within her began to resurface.

Hatice Sultan continued: "Look around, let's see. Is there someone you've been overlooking?"

            ✨ The end of episode 1✨