Chapter 54: Anger

I woke up in what felt like a bed. My neck was still on fire from the bite. When my eyes adjusted I realized where was, I was in my bedroom from when I was ten years old. I looked to my left and there was a picture of my family and I on the beach. It made me smile. My parents hadn't touched my room since I left. The only thing they had done was keep it clean. There was a chair in my room and Josh was sitting in it, he realized I had woken up.

   "Hey Ser, how are you feeling?" He asked.

   "I'm okay my neck hurts but that's about it." I said.

   "You can't become human again, can you?" He asked.

   "Sadly no. I'll die before it could happen." I said.

   "So was that what was happening to you?" He asked.

   "Sadly yes. Carlos, the one who turned me, was turned himself. When he bit me he didn't realize it would wear off." I said.

   "Oh." Josh said.

   "Yeah...." I said trailing off.

   "Well everyone's downstairs so if you can walk we can head down." Josh said.

    "Yeah I'll be down in a minute." I said.

   Josh got up and walked out of my room. I looked around my room. The dolls I used to play with still sat in the closet. I got up and walked over to my desk. On my desk was the project I had been working on for my English class. I could feel tears silently falling. It was weird seeing everything from my childhood. It sucks that I've lived a lie for the past eight years. I walked over and sat in front of the mirror that was on my closet door. I looked at myself, my violet eyes had come back. I opened my mouth and saw my fangs. I moved my hair so I could see my neck, the bite marks were still bleeding and the blood smeared as i moved it. It was weird knowing what the marks were. That's when my reflection had changed, I was looking at myself but it wasn't me. I was looking into blue eyes, my hair was a dirty blonde, I was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans, and I was also wearing a pair of white socks. I looked at my neck and the bite marks were gone. I lifted my hand and felt my neck to see if they were still there, they were. I blinked and my reflection went back to normal. I stood up again, I turned around. On my back were my wings folded together, I smiled. I unfurled one and started to clean it's feathers. When I was done I folded it back onto my back. I looked up and Kyle was in my doorway.

   "Josh told me why you were dying. You can't turn human." Kyle said.

   "Turns out the vampire who bit me wasn't born one so it started to wear off. So my body was trying to go back to being human. The thing is once you're a vampire you can't just become human again. So yes it was killing me. Kurt had to bit me so I could heal. My bodies just getting used to being this way again." I said.

   "Kurt had to bite you?" Kyle asked.

   "Yes, unless you wanted to feel me die." I said.

   "Serina look at your left arm." Kyle said.

   I did but the black tattoo wasn't there anymore. I looked at his arm and it wasn't on him either. I could hear myself saying no over and over again. I felt tears fall from my eyes. I lost them. I seen a water bottle filled with water, I opened it and poured the water on my head. I waited a minute and nothing happened. I looked up at Kyle. 

   "No this isn't happening. We're bound Kyle. We love each other. This is all because of Carlos, that bastard." I said crying.

   "Serina I love you even if you don't have my element anymore. You're mine and I'm yours." Kyle said.