𝟏. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫.

STARGIRL. chapter 01
... loading !
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

HIS HAND MOVED DOWN the small of rory's back. he carefully snaked his arm around her waist, giving it a playful squeeze before he pulled her in.

her back hit his chest and she did an awkward two-step, slightly losing balance, before he steadied her.

oops.

she wasn't clumsy, she was just wearing four inch ysl heels. okay, maybe she was a little clumsy.

"care for a dance?" tyler whispered, resting his forehead softly against rory's shoulder. his perfectly set hair tickled her neck and she gently pulled away, turning around to face him.

there was no doubt that any girl attending the party would be lucky to have him by their side- and it's not that rory didn't find him attractive. tyler had an effortlessly handsome vibe. he was simply gorgeous with a tall and toned build.

one thing which bothered her though was that she wasn't sure about how she felt towards him. even she knew that they just didn't click the way two people in a relationship should.

were they in a relationship? well, no. he just wouldn't give up until and unless she was his.

rory was a playful tease though. she always was and wherever she sensed a challenge? she went. mainly because, her abandonment issues were so severe that falling in love seemed almost impossible to her. and she would never do it either.

"i can't dance ty, i suck at it." she laughed, resting her hands on his shoulder, before looking up at his eyes. his muscles momentarily flexed under her touch and his pupils dilated. he was whipped. the chorus of 'careless whisper' lowly played in the background which made her chuckle. regardless, she started swaying to the music.

tyler's eyes loosely trailed down the black velvet dress she wore, which fit her like a glove, and ended right down her mid thigh.

"do you know that you're wearing my favourite colour today, rory?" he asked, squinting his eyes. they were dark with a blend of green and yellow tones. captivating as fuck.

she smirked, resting her arms around his neck. he leaned in towards her, foreheads slightly touching. a single strand of blonde strayed from the rest and expertly twirled down his forehead. it had an accidental yet flirtatious effect on rory which he didn't even realize.

"do you know how you always wear my favourite colour in your eyes, tyler?" she reiterated, squinting her eyes as well, mimicking his movements. the corners of her lips twitched. it was always like this. they'd say cheesy lines at eachother back and forth, trying to see who'd break first and start laughing.

"well i only have eyes for you, so good for you i guess." he shrugged.

in that stolen moment, their laughter echoed in sync with the beat as they swayed to the sound of the music. maybe she would give him a chance after all.

she smiled to herself, shaking that absurd thought straight out of her head.

"hands off my sister, gray." a familiar voice interrupted as tyler froze on spot.