~"Farewell"~ (HH)

Date-December 28 1859
Tilly's age-14
————————————————————————————————————————————

Tilly rushed through the front door of her home smiling widely as she made her way towards the room where her mother was with the good news. Her mother had been ill with a fever and Tilly thought that the news would brighten her spirits.

She entered her mother's room where she laid in bed. "Hello mother." Her mother didn't respond to her greeting, Tilly saw her eyes shut and assumed she was asleep, but she felt like the news couldn't wait to be told. Tilly sat next to her mother on a chair. "Mother... Mother, I come with good news..." she whispered happily. "I will be preforming in France, as soon as you get better you and father will be able to watch."

She waited for a response from her mother but that response never came. "M-Mother?" Tilly asked taking her mother's hand in hers. "Mother, did you hear-?" Tilly was cut off by the sudden feeling of her mother's hand, it was cold to the touch. Tilly didn't want to expect the worst and said, "M-Mother... you are cold as death..." she felt her heart sank as she saw that her mother's chest wasn't rising and falling. Tilly felt tears prick her eyes as she kept a hold of her mother's hand. "Mother... please... wake up... please... you must be there at my performance... oh you must..." At this point, the tears were already flowing down her face.

—————————-

Tilly stood in front of her mother's gravestone, and recently added her father's gravestone. A few months after the death of her mother his body was found in a lake, turns out he took his own life by drowning himself. Tilly was alone now. Her parents were gone. The young lady stood up and was about to leave before saying to her parents. "Farewell mother, farewell father..."

Little did she know that this would be the very last time she would visit her parents graves, and her last words spoken to them.
————————————————————————————————————————————
The end!