18 | Helmets Are Important!

ARTICLE TITLE: Helmets Are Important!

DRAFTED TEXT: Helmets are crucial for protecting the head during activities like cycling or motorcycling, reducing the risk of severe head injuries in accidents by absorbing impact forces and providing a barrier against external trauma. The color and shame is just there for coolness.

As Y/n left her apartment building that morning, she didn't expect to see Soo Ho there, much less with his mopped. He leaned on it with his red helmet already on, looking down at his phone.

"Good morning, dumbass. What're you doing here?" Soo Ho looked up at the words, a smile immediately cracking on his face.

"Morning, cutie. Thought I'd give you a ride," Soo Ho said, then moved over to the back compartment of his mopped. "I also really couldn't wait to show you this."

Y/n watched with her eyebrows furrowed as he opened his delivery box, pulling something out and holding it out to her — a pink helmet.

"What is this?" Y/n asked as she watched in wonder. It was the same model helmet as his red one, just in pink, and it looked brand new. On the side, there was a single sticker of a daisy flower, but other than that it was clear.

"You said I needed a second helmet, so here it is," Soo Ho said as he stepped closer to her, raising it up and putting it on her head. "I went around yesterday and found it. Can you believe they don't really sell pink helmets in a lot of places? I was shocked."

"Soo Ho, how much did you spend on that?" Y/n asked, letting Soo Ho claps the helmet under her chin. "And why's it pink?"

"Because you said you like pink," Soo Ho said with a shrug, stepping back. He chuckled at the sight, taking his phone out and pointing the camera at her. "Smile!"

Y/n didn't, still shocked. Soo Ho snapped the picture regardless. "What if you have to drive Si Eun around? Pink is unpractical."

"Then he'll wear a pink helmet. I think he can pull it off."

Y/n could already imagine the barely-noticeable scowl on Si Eun's face the moment Soo Ho handed him a baby pink helmet. She wanted to laugh, but she still needed information out of Soo Ho. "Seriously, how much did it cost?"

Soo Ho stepped closer to her and grabbed the sides of her head — or helmet, really — pressing a kiss to the tip of her nose. "Don't worry about it, cutie. Come on, we gotta get to school."

Her chest was tight as she watched Soo Ho climb on, wearing his own helmet. He actually bought me a pink helmet. She moved to sit behind him, though instead of wrapping grabbing the holder bars, she wrapped her arms around Soo Ho's waist and rested her chin on his shoulder. "Why are you so sweet?"

Their helmets bumped lightly as Soo Ho turned his head enough to be able to glance at her. "I told you I'm gonna be cheesy. Learn back a little and hold tight, okay?"

"What do you—"

Soo Ho started the mopped before she could move her hands to hold on the holder bars, making her yelp as she held him tightly around the waist. "Soo Ho! Isn't this dangerous?" she said loud enough to ensure he would hear her.

"Just don't sway too much!" Soo Ho warned her, not looking away from the road.

You know, if anything, at least he's a responsible driver.

It was a normal day at school. During the break, Y/n sat next to On Jo, the two of them watching a new music video of their favorite group. Soo Ho was sleeping, Si Eun was studying, other people were hanging out with their friends — nothing unusual, really.