#7 - Blackout

Something short n sweet n giggly to get me back in the groove of writing
-

The microwave beeped in the background while you were on the phone with a friend.

"Ouuu, what's that?" they asked eagerly on the other end

"Popcorn, and a bunch of other shit we shouldn't be eating," you joked. "Dom wants to do movie night, seen anything good lately?"

"Yeah on Netflix there's-"

Everything went dark.

"What the fuck?!" you heard Dominic exclaim from the bedroom.

You knew you had payed the light bill, so your first instinct was to look outside your window to see the whole block's power was out.

"Hold on love, there's a blackout. I'll call you back after I figure out what's goin on, ok? Text me that movie!" You hung up and turned on your flashlight, letting the bright light from your phone guide you through the hallway. Dom met you halfway.

"You ok?" he asked

"Mhm, whole block is out. Oh shit, we have wood right? Wanna make a fire?" you suggest, causing him to blush and nod. Any excuse to help you and be close to you worked for him, power off or on.

You finished up the snacks and called your friend back as Dominic moved about the wood in the fireplace in your living room which never really got put to use. He had took it upon himself to take every single pillow and blanket he could find in the house and made a little pile in front of the couch.

"Wait! I got it! Help me move the couch," you stated eagerly. He jumped up and waited for you on one end. After you'd pulled the couch back, you asked him if he knew how to make a fort, leading you both toward a couple YouTube tutorials to make sure it wouldn't collapse on you or better yet burn the house down being by the fireplace.

"Holy shit we did that!" He said, giving you a high five. By now you had gotten a message that the outage should only be a few hours. Luckily your laptop was charged and you could watch that movie rec while you waited it out.

As you settled into your blanket fort with your back against the couch, you tried your best to make sure there's was enough room for both of you to move around. Dominic was nearly 6ft and long limbed after all, plus there was no telling how long the lights would really be out and you didn't want him to be uncomfortable. Despite your efforts and consideration, he refused to give you personal space. If you moved left, he moved left. If you adjusted, he adjusted.

"Babyboy," you rolled your eyes.

"Hm?"

"Can you... you know?" you moved your arm up and down a bit, like a divider, to motion him to give you space—and regretted it instantly.

"Oh, yea my bad" he dramatically moved 3 feet over, causing you to roll your eyes again. He crossed his arms, making you laugh.

"Oh cmon, you are so extra!" at this point you'd found it histerical

"Shhh," he shushed, holding back his laughter. "I'm watching the movie, you're being rude."

"Aww, come here," you taunted. He shushed you again. "Come hereee," you had found your way over to his side, squeezing his face and kissing his cheeks, making fun of him for acting spoiled.

"No," he laughed. "Get off of me, go away!" He playfully turned his face as you tried to kiss him. "You're being mean, and I don't like it. Get off!" he said playfully between fits of laughter and stolen kisses.

Finally, you gave him a break and sat back in your spot with your legs crossed, patting a leg to give him the ok to sit his head in your lap.

"I thought you wanted space, huh?" he asked smartly, raising his eyebrows. You pat your leg again and he gets in place.

You carefully played in his curls as the movie continued, checking your phone for updates every 30 minutes or so and looking down to see his eyes flutter as he swears he's not tired. Maybe it was unexpected, but this night and this fort was one for the books.
-

1st writing of the yearrr, thinking about if the next one is smut in the fort or more soft Dom...