•Secrets• Chapter Nine

Edited 2/25/17

How's everyone's day been?

QOTD~ What's your favorite tv show?

AOTD~ Teen Wolf and The Walking Dead (it's tied for me)

~~~~~~~~

Unixy's POV

It's that time of the school day that almost every student dreads.

Gym.

I've always despised gym, and I don't even know why. It's never done anything to me, so why hate it?

Luckily, I knew a few of the kids in this class; Kaleb, Max, Jasper, Keevin, and Mickey. I don't see Bruce anywhere, so I'm assuming he doesn't have this hour for gym.

Or he's skipping, which I wish I would've done, to be completely honest.

Either way, I feel awkwardly short because I'm currently standing next to Kaleb, and he's about two times my height... Okay, maybe not that much, but I'm 5' 6", and he's clearly about 6' 2". He's a tree.

And to make things even worse, we have to wear gym uniforms, so everyone is wearing ugly grey shirts and green gym shorts. There are a few girls in here that are wearing incredibly short shorts, while I'm wearing shorts that almost touch my knees- making me feel like the oddball out.

Speaking of balls.

Today in gym, we're playing volleyball, which I played at my old school in New Orleans.

"Alright everyone! Get in teams of six!" The gym teacher shouts, blowing her whistle. Since Bruce isn't in this hour, I join the boys on their team. I'm surrounded by five intimidating guys, but I look like an uncooked pasta noodle. An impasta, if you will.

"Do you know how to play?" Kaleb asks, tossing the ball over to me after Max finishes winning a game of rock-paper-scissors, in the middle of the court.

"Yep." I reply, spinning the ball out of habit.

"Good, then you get to serve first." He smiles. Nodding, I step off the court, and serve the ball.

Slowly but surely, we began gaining points. The other team was able to receive and recover pretty well, and they managed to get multiple points before I was finally up to serve again.

We only need one more point and we win the game, and with good timing too seeing as we only have seven minutes left of class and we get the last five to get changed.

Everyone on the court watches in anticipation as I take the ball, throw it into the air, and hit it as hard as I can. The ball flies over the net, but does something that I never would've expected.

It hits a girl in the face.

Right in the middle of her face.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I ask frantically, running up to the net. The girl looks up at me and scoffs, running a hand through her brown hair.

"Who even are you?"

"I-I'm new here. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to do it in purpose." I string out.

"Maybe you should've thought about that before you served the ball at my face!" Her ear shattering voice shrieks. Holding her bleeding nose, she flicks her hair over her shoulder and two girls follow her out of the gym. I glance over at Kaleb, hoping he can't help explain to me what just happened because I have absolutely no clue.

"Don't think too much about what she says... you might lose brain cells."

"What's her deal?"

"I'll explain at lunch."

Well, then.

~~~~~~~~

I can hear the sounds of my shoes scuffling across the ground as I hurry to the cafeteria. I'm not hungry, I just want to know why that girl was acting so... so, odd.

Stepping into the cafeteria, it feels like everyone's eyes are immediately drawn to me, which feels very uncomfortable. I quickly look around to see if I can spot any of the boys, but to no avail.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see someone speed walk up to me, and I turn my head.

"Hi." I greet Kaleb, shocked for a moment.

"Hi. Now come on, we've got a lot to talk about." Following Kaleb, he leads me to a table full of guys who appear to be around my age; about 10 of them. I take the empty seat between Kaleb and Max, just so I'm not standing for the next half hour; no one was objecting, either.

"So, that chick..."

"Janice Bronwyn." Max scoffs in disgust.

"Yeah... what's up with her? I mean, sure I hit her in the face with a volleyball, but that was by accident. Why'd she freak out like that?"

"It's a long story, but let's just say, seeing you on the same team with Kaleb, kind of ticked her off. She's crazy obsessed with him." Bruce explains.

"She thinks we've been dating since the 7th grade. I can't stand her." Kaleb shudders in horror at his own words.

"Why didn't you tell her to back off?"

"I have. She just has a thick skull, I guess." Kaleb shrugs.

"Plus it's not that easy... this town has its secrets." Jasper quips.

What secrets? What kind of things are they hiding- wait I know.

They're probably all cereal killers.

~~~~~~~~

So it's Saturday where I live, but I don't want Sunday to get here cause then school is right around the corner, but I have a half day Tuesday, so I guess it's ehh.

Hope you enjoyed!

Love you guys!

~T.B. 💕