𝟒- 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥?

Start from the beginning

''Well, kid, we can discuss that later. For now focus on the training.'' Darkk nods. ''Peony, sweetheart, if you need any help, I'm here.'' He shortly follows up with ''you too kid.'' We finish up with breakfast and Haymitch says his goodbyes. As we get to the elevator, my journey was suspended by an incoming voice. ''Damston, sweetheart, hold on.'' Haymitch calls. I turn around and see his twinkling green eyes waiting, I walk over and I'm met with an embrace.

''Make sure you don't get on the bad side of those careers, yet.'' He whispers in my ear. ''I wont, yet.'' I respond. I cut the embrace short and I run back over to the curious eyes of Darkk and Elenia. ''What did he want then?''

Darkk asks sharply. ''Just told me to be careful, its Haymitch, he's probably being insensitive.'' I say, lying through my teeth. Haymitch wasn't insensitive though, he was actually really helpful when I lost Jackson, and how he hasn't mentioned it to anyone. I have to respect that.

''Lets get going down then!'' Elenia squeals. The elevator comes up before I could blink. Elenia calls it to the correct floor, and we speed downstairs.

We get out and Elenia escorts us to the correct room, We weren't first there, but we weren't last there. Elenia gives us her gratitude and her goodbyes. We join the other tributes. From what I can tell, District 1,2,4,6,7,were all there so far, not sure for how long, but considering we are half an hour early, they must've been here for a while based on the shared bored looks on their faces.

A bundle of trainers were scattered around the training centre, drinking coffee. ''These stations are insane.'' Darkk whispers in my ear timidly. All eyes were on us.

''What's wrong twelve? Scared?'' The district 2 girl says, mocking Darkk. ''No issues here, obviously a lot of issues over there if your shouting, though.'' I retort. That caused a few snickers around the room. If she didn't have a grudge against me before, she totally did now. Haymitch's advice he gave less then 20 minutes prior was lost.

Once it turned 8, all districts were here and the lead trainer could start.

'' In 2 weeks, 23 of you will be dead. One of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next two days, particularly to what I'm about to say. First, no fighting with the other Tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the Arena. There are four compulsory exercises. The rest will be individual training. My advice is, don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. 10 percent from infection. 20 percent from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife.''

It sounded like he was reciting from a drilling manual, is he on some sort of script? All the tributes disperse into different sectors of the gymnasium. I head over to the foraging station, Darkk heads over to the knot tying station.

I listen to the trainer, although she bored me greatly. ''The first one your going to want to look out for is Elderberries, appearing similar to Nightlock, a dark, small berry, under no circumstances, eat any of them.'' She says. Okay, don't eat any dark blue plants. I shared the station with a District 5 boy. ''What about tree bark or stones?'' He asks dumbly. He looked about 12, he had dulled down capitol accent. ''the first layer of bark, yes. Stones, absolutely not.'' The trainer explained.

''What if the arenas in a building? What do we do then?'' I ask. The arena being inside wasn't uncommon, this trainer was basing all her teachings on a stereotypical arena. '' Well, the gamemakers will always include plants somewhere, no matter the arena.'' She calmy informs.

Once I spent 20 minutes there, I moved onto the wound addressing station. The trainer was actually super helpful, teaching us how to naturally sterilise a wound, how to make a tubular bandage with natural resources, after a few tries, I got it functional. After I spent 40 or so minutes there, I spent a few hours floating between stations, avoiding the weaponry. Darkk became familiar with the District 5 boy, they went round together. Why is he making allies? What is Darkk playing at?

It was a lunch break, They gave us 'nutritionally valued food', so not good. I sat alone while only a few groups were together. After lunch I was lost, I had no other stations that was worth my time. ''No axe.'' kept repeating in my head. Was it THAT deep if it was free?

I decided to go where my impulses took me, the station was deserted and a trainer patiently waiting. I got briefly taught how to use both types of axes, I knew how use a- non-throwing axe, due to the times in the forest, so with a few demonstrations, I attempted the throwing. My first few aims were a bit off centre, but it improved over time. I spent about 2 hours there and I was pretty good.

The day ended at 4, Darkk and I made our way back up to the apartment, and we were greeted by all our team. We changed out of our uniform and we made our way to the living room.

''How did it go?'' Asks Elenia. ''Alright.'' I say bluntly. ''And you, Darkk?'' Haymitch asks. ''yeah, erm, good.'' Darkk awkwardly says. It wasn't my place to say that we was toying with some district 5 boy, he probably saw me at the weaponry station anyway.

Elenia dismissed it, and called for drinks. ''To twelve.'' Priscilla toasts.  ''To twelve'' Everyone raises their glasses. "I was just totally astonished by your training ethic!" Elenia squeals. "Thanks." I reply. I get a glass from the tray that an Avox was attending. "Careful, that's strong, sweetheart." A deep voice behind me says.

 "That was my intention." I reply sarcastically. "Alright, alright, pipe down. None of my business anyway." Haymitch says. I have glass after glass until my head went foggy and I decided it was best to go to my room. I stumble down too my bedroom and collapse on my bed. 

Then came a Bang.