Unfortunately, it didn't wipe that infuriating smirk of his. It only widened it. "Well, aren't you a sore loser?"

"You cheated, Black," she gritted her teeth.

Sirius chuckled, "No rules in the wild, princess,"

Black hadn't been behind that tree as she thought. As he had made her believe. Distracting her probably by making that noise that had tipped her off somehow, but being close enough for her to catch his scent and believe it was him waiting there for her to pounce.

"Whatever," she scoffed getting up from the floor after batting away the hand he offered to help her and getting rid of the snow that was clinging to her coat wetting it by the second. Thank Merlin she had learned to keep her clothes during the transformation after a few tries. "That doesn't erase your fifteen other losses. Which if I recall correctly you didn't take very well either,"

"Those were your first transformations... I didn't want you to feel bad," He told her with a mocking pout that made her see red. She restrained from throwing herself at him by taking a deep breath. The implication that he had let her win was ridiculous. And they both knew it.

After the Quidditch match less than two weeks ago Sirius had caught her sneaking off into the Forbidden Forest to take a stroll as the beautiful animal whose skin she could now wear. Sirius had tried to stop her claiming she should wait a few more hours. But Morgan felt fine, sort of, and she wasn't about to listen to him. So she kept going and Sirius followed claiming he'd go just so he could see where exactly she passed out and drag her body back to the castle. Morgan had shifted successfully and thrown it in his face. Black had only shook his head in disapproval and transformed as well so he could keep up with her.

They had been doing exactly that since then. They would go the the Forest whenever they had free time, sometimes in the middle of the night, and they would shift into their animal forms. Morgan was happy to get accustomed to it while someone made her company and gave her pointers. They had developed this game where they would chase each other through the forest, wreaking havoc everywhere they passed, and trying to get the other to surrender. Like that morning.

James and Peter had gone with them once, but after Morgan and Sirius disappeared doing their own thing, the other two now just left them to it whenever they announced their intentions of going to the woods.

Morgan didn't know why Sirius always followed her at first. Or why she had started telling him that she was going and asking if he was up for it. It had just happened. If Morgan thought about it she knew it was fucking weird for them to be doing this when, allegedly, they couldn't stand each other. Even if most of the time during their little escapades would be spent in their animal forms and whenever they shifted back they would go right back to their bickering status quo. None of them had brought up the subject. It was there, always lingering, the question of why. But they ignored it. Pretended it didn't exist. And Mor would enjoy this thing of theirs for as long as it lasted. For she was sure it would end at some point. Most good things did.

They both started walking back to the castle. The sun getting higher in the sky by the second telling them they needed to get to class immediately. Morgan looked over her shoulder to look at Sirius who was walking a few steps behind her. He seemed to be lost in thought. The witch could hear their footsteps, lightened by the snow, and every noise the forest made.

Hating that silence and not knowing what was in his head made her wary. So she couldn't help herself and opened her mouth, still looking ahead. "What is it? This is the part where you generally pick a fight with me,"

Sirius looked up and Morgan could practically feel him rolling his eyes at her back. "Yes, because every time you give me various reasons to,"

She did.