"Okay sounds good." I nod.

* One Week Later *

It's been a week since the initial consultation, Y/N had her scans in that same day and we've just come back for the results.

"You're fidgeting again." I grab her hands as she plays with the threads in the hem of her dress.

"I can't help it, I'm nervous, Anakin." She sighs.

"I know, but if you pull all the threads out, you'll be walking around in your underwear which I'm pretty sure will make you more nervous." I say, pulling her hands away.

The Doctor walks in and takes her seat across from us like she did a week ago. She looks up at us sighs.

Oh no.

"I do have some news, not the news I was hoping to give you. It's not the worst news in the world, however." She states.

Y/N's face turns pale as the Doctor makes that statement. I grab her hand and hold it tightly as we brace for what comes next.

"Y/N...you have a tumor. It's sitting at the base of your skull that's sitting on one of the arteries there. Which explains your symptoms and that neck pain and stiffness you have been having as well." The Doc reveals.

Y/N lightly gasps, I can see her eyes water. I squeeze her hand gently as she takes in what she's just heard.

"Now, remember how I just told you it's not the worst news in the world?" Doctor asked.

We both nodded in her direction, urging her to continue.

"We can remove it. We can't get you in until next week, so we just need to treat your pain and symptoms until then. Keeping you comfortable." She explains.

I let out a massive sigh of relief, this is great. Well not great that the love of my life has a brain tumor but the fact that it can be removed is what's great. But I don't think Y/N's getting that memo, I look over at her and her facial expression hasn't changed.

"It's important you stay on top of these medications, Y/N, okay? You have a history of seizures, these medications should help you with your pain and keep everything at bay until the surgery." The Doc says, leaning forward while intently looking at Y/N.

"Yes, I understand." Y/N gives her a half smile.

                                           •

"How is she doing?" Obi-Wan asks, walking inside our apartment.

I sigh as I close the door behind me.

"You know, I thought she'd be a little more..." I trial off.

"Happier? To know she has the answer to her pain and that she can get rid of it?" Obi-Wan answers.

"Yeah. I just don't understand, she seems more miserable after finding out." I say, siting down in the couch.

Obi-Wan sits beside me, he pats my shoulder as he turns her attention to me.

"She's probably in shock, Anakin. She's been wanting answers for a long time yes but she most definitely wasn't expecting to hear she had a brain tumor. She's just processing, it might take her up until the surgery for her to realise but by then it'll be gone." He explains.

I nod as I look over at him.

"I understand. It has been a rough time for her. She's tried so hard to get herself better, so she can get back to normal. It's been so hard to watch her." I admit, feeling my eyes beginning to water.