3. The Medusa.

Comincia dall'inizio

My mind flashed back to that cell, the dirt, the rot, the filth, and that toxic smell of death. Chained to a wall of a BREAKER cell and forced to stay there every hour of every day, I had estimated I had been locked up like that for two weeks, starved, and forced to eat parts of my own skin to just relieve the dread of hunger. To make it all the worse I was visited repeatedly by that one person who threatened me with terror.

"For your betrayal against me, I'll make you kill every last citizen of Urzikstan until control of the country is mine."

Those words seemed so far away now, I knew something had happened and my transport from the BREAKER facility to Urzikstan and Al Qatala was halted. I knew I wasn't in the hands of Konni, Quds, or AQ. I knew wasn't in the hands of the monsters that held me for almost 15 years of my life.

Now was my time... time to destroy all that had destroyed me.

I took the needle from within my hand, pulled up the blue hospital gown and took it to my inner thigh. I knew I had to do this quickly before my body gave out again, I could already feel the ache of unconsciousness threaten to pull me down into its lurcherous depths again. I pant quickly, my fingers sweating profusely as I find the raised spot on my dark veined thigh and felt he length of the data device underneath my skin. I hold myself steady, taking deep breaths as my head starts to spin, and then I use the needle to cut mercilessly deep into my skin and tear it up from my flesh.

"Fuck!... FUCK!" I cry out as I draw the long deep line along myself. I kicked the bed with my other leg, feeling the cool metal dint under the force of my adrenaline-fueled impact.

I threw the dripping needle across the room and heaved in pain, but I didn't stop. I take my fingers, squeezing the sides of the wound as hard as I can until a small plastic tubing begins to crown. I pull the tubing out with a guttural groan, tears spilling from my eyes as the fire tore my body up. Blood pours from my fresh wound and the taste of bile stings my throat and I cough out again, writhing in my tortuous and depraved state.

I look at the small data device, grinning slightly through my self-inflicted pain. Knowing that it was this little thing that would set the biggest turning point in my life.

"I've masked it as a contraceptive, it has everything on there, All the records, All the data. All the Proof. Everything. Keep it on you until you know you can take it out. This will save your life. This will tell your story."

I was still on guard, I knew... I just knew this was the moment I'd been waiting for. Although I still didn't know exactly where it was I was...

I... was in a liminal space. Not knowing anything, Not knowing where I even was in the world, just this room and it's becoming sense of safety. If it was up to me I would stay here forever...

If I stayed here there would be no more Russia, no more Adrenagrowth, no more Killing, no more M-

I began to feel a shiver rise upon my skin as the bloodlessness of my wound came to much or my already teetering form. I look to my right and see that the wall is running with a long two-way mirror. There, I catch my reflection... my pitiful reflection, one I could never truly recognize and only the shine of my long long hair let me know it was me I was looking at. My only reminder of a sense of identity I had left.

I sucked in all the might I had left in my fading body and pull myself off the bed with my bare feet hitting the cool linoleum flooring. I held against the side of the bed for balance as I felt my body failing to cooperate with my wishes to stand. I slowly hobble forward across the room, slipping over the warm blood pooling beneath me. I reach the end of the bed and press forward on my own, eventually coming to the mirror.