chapter 1

It was almost vacation time at Jessica's college. She was eagerly waiting for her professor to finish his lecture for the day so she could pack up her things, get to her dorm room and catch the bus to go visit her family. She didn't want to be the student to point out it was time to go, but she couldn't help but fidget in her seat.

"Well, that's all for today," Professor Oldman smiled to his class, mostly to the girls like always. "I'll see you all after your little holiday."

"Finally..." Jessica said to herself as she got herself ready to get home. She was finally going to go and see her family after all the studying she did in her classes, she just couldn't wait to get to her family.

"Hey, Jessica." Christopher greeted.

"Oh, hey, Chris," Jessica smirked to him as she went off. "Ready to get myself home... Feels like I haven't seen them in ages."

"Well, moving to college will do that to ya." Christopher chuckled, blushing a little around her.

"Yeah..."

"Jessica,... There's something I'd like to ask you... Umm... If you... It's okay if you don't want to... But..." Christopher took out a tiny black box, they were all adults here, it was clear what he wanted to ask her. "Would you... Umm..."

"Sorry, Christopher, I gotta get ready now or I'll miss my bus home." Jessica said to him as she got to the girls' dormitory.

'Dang it, I'm not going to give up on asking her that important question.' Christopher thought as he looked at the tiny black box and opened it to show an engagement ring.

Jessica had been thinking lately as she was ready to leave. Her older friend Laurel already had kids who were growing up fast. Little Molly was going to be in puberty soon and Andy was on his way to high school. Unfortunately, the father of the children abandoned the family quick, but at least he left a cowboy doll behind to them, it made Jessica think of her mother's stories of being on land when she had a cowgirl Jessie doll. She was waiting for the bus now to take to drop her off into town and meet her family. It didn't take her to wait long as the bus pulled up.

"Jessica!" Christopher ran to the girl.

"Sorry, Chris, my bus is here, have a good vacation, okay?" Jessica smiled to him as she boarded the bus and was now leaving the college campus.

Christopher then entered the bus with her. Jessica didn't want to be rude to him, but she was just so anxious to get back home since she's been gone for three months now.

"I'm going to London for my vacation." Christopher said.

"That sounds interesting," Jessica smiled. "I think Darla said her friend Amber about something and meeting her great-aunt and great-uncle there..."

"She has a great-aunt and great-uncle?" Christopher asked curiously.

"Apparently, they even have Dalmatians of their own, the puppies call them Aunt Coco and Uncle Beamer," Jessica shrugged with a smile. "They're the 'Vandercreams'."

"Cool." Christopher said.

"At least that's what I hear..." Jessica said as she yawned a little.

"There's something I wanna ask you..." Christopher took out his box.

"Mm-hmm...?" Jessica's eyes were starting to get heavy.

"Jessica Fudo, will you--" Christopher popped his ring out, but saw Jessica had fallen asleep and he sighed. "I'll wait for her to wake up..." he then sighed.

An old woman sitting not too far next to them chuckled. "In love, eh, young man?"

"Yes ma'am and I have a very important question to ask her." Christopher said.