17.- I would stay forever, if you say don't go.

Start from the beginning

" are you okay? " she asked him, as she wondered over to him, soothingly pushing his hair back.

" yeah, I'm okay. " Conrad smiled up at her, covering his pain about his moms decreasing health.

Matilda sighed, nodding in acceptance. this random blues had been normal for Conrad for a while, so she knows it wasn't her. she sat herself on his lap, brushing her fingers through his hair. Conrad melted into her, as he put a hand round her waist, and leant onto her.

" are you going to see Cleveland today? " she asked him, in which he nodded in response.

" okay my love. " Matilda smiled, kissing his forehead. Conrad's whole body felt relaxed, he never felt so safe unless he was with her. he nuzzled his face in her shoulder slightly. " I'm happy you stayed. " he told her contently,

" I'd stay forever if you say don't go. " Matilda chuckled gently, making Conrad smile.

" you're adorable. " he smiled softly, " just so you know, I'd also stay forever, well, I will stay forever, for you. "

Matilda's smile grew, " good. " she laughed quietly, ruffling his hair, making Conrad also smile more.

After a few moments, when he realised time was ticking on, " I better head off. " he sighed, removing his head from the warmth of her shoulder.

Matilda nodded, removing her hands from his hair.

" I love you. " Conrad told her, wanting her to know he truly meant it. his heart fluttered as her pretty smile, the prettiest one he had ever seen, spread across her face, that lit up. Even though Conrad was feeling anxious, it was like the warmth of her smile projected onto his.

" I love you. " Matilda smiled, chuckling quietly. the two smiled innocently, as they shared a small, gentle kiss.

The two pulled away, sharing a knowing smile, before Matilda got up from his lap.

" I think your moms waiting for me anyway, she's painting me. " Matilda sighed,

Conrad chuckled heartily, " I cant wait to see it. " he told her, as he picked up his keys off the bedside table.

" see you later, Con. " Matilda chuckled.

" Bye pretty girl. " Conrad flashed her a smile boldly, before he smirked to himself , and left.

——————

Conrad huffed, ripping a piece of wood out of the boat, " yeah see, it's wood rot, you see the brittle on the inside? we have to pry out bits until we reach clean wood. " his voice was shaky.

Cleveland eyed the young boy with concern.

Conrad yanked out a piece of wood, cutting himself, " fuck, ow! "

" you're a little on edge my friend " Cleveland sighed, holding out a hand, trying to get him to stop yanking pieces of wood.

" it's been a bad week. " Conrad retorted, irritatedly,

" is your dad back in town? " Cleveland tried.

" No , other stuff. " Conrad bluntly answered,

" how's things been going with your Matilda? " Cleveland asked.

" Obviously not great, after I was framed to look like a cheater. " Conrad scoffed, pulling out more pieces of wood, " and this isn't looking great either, man. It just keeps going and going, the whole god damn thing is infected and I didn't notice, it's everywhere, AND I DIDNT NOTICE-" he rambled, growing more and more frustrated, as he began to tear up,