~A Nightmarish Life~ ♡♥Chapter 1♥♡

No one's POV:

Fernkit blinked open her eyes slowly. Her eyes fluttered as she looked around the nursery. The small kit gasped as her eyes landed on a beautiful tortoiseshell queen.

The queen noticed the dark-gray kit.

"Hello little kit!" the tortoiseshell gently said "i'm surprised you opened your eyes so fast! You even opened them before your littermates. I didn't think you would."

The queen turned her head to face a sleek, dark-gray she-cat.

"Raincloud! Fernkit has opened her eyes!" the tortoiseshell exitedly whispered.

why is she whispering? my littermates are awake too. Fernkit wondered.

Suddenly the young kit noticed two kits.

The two where even younger that Fernkit and her littermates.  Around 1 moon old at most.

 Fernkit realized that she and her littermates where not the youngest kits in the nursery. The thought made her happy.

Not  being the youngest means not being babied by the clan all the time!!  Fernkit thought joyfully.

Fernkit noticed stiring beside her. She looked over to see her littermates opening their eyes too.

"Fernkit you and your brothers and sister can go explore the camp ok?" Raincloud called to them.

"Yes Raincloud!"

Fernkit padded out of the nursery with her two brothers behind her.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Fernkit's sister, Pebblekit called.

The gray kit ran to her littermates panting.

"Haha! Pebblekit can't keep up! Her legs are too short!" the she-cats' brother, Hailkit, laughed.

"Last time i checked her legs where longer that your's." Fernkit retorted defending her sister.

  ✨Time skip 

The kits entered the nursery dragging their paws.

"I'm tired!" Coalkit complained

"Well, im more tired then you are!" Pebblekit whispered tiredly, too tired to argue.

All four kits layed down, falling asleep instantly

 Another Time skip

Fernkit blinked. She was still quite tired but she knew she needed to get up.

It was time to eat, she knew, and wouldn't get anything to eat if she did not get up.

Fernkit ate and after awhile feel back asleep.

When she woke up she had a huge bellyache so she went to the medicine den.

"Lilypool! I have a bellyache!" Fernkit called into the medicine den.

Fernkit knew better than to go into the den. Lilypool would have her ears shreded if she went in there without her.

"Come in, Fernkit!" Lilypool called from inside the den.

Fernkit slowly padded into the den, all her energy drained.

"Fernkit before i give you herbs, i need you to tell me something ok?" Lilypool asked.

"Yes Lilypool." Fernkit winced as another cramp gripped her belly. She just wanted to not have to deal with the pain anymore.

"Okay then," Lilypool sighed "Did you eat anything you where not suppost to when you explored the camp?"

Fernkit thought about it for a moment. She remembered Hailkit telling her to eat a leaf he found or he would tell Raincloud that she had caused chaos in the clearing as the hunting patrol came back from hunting.

"W-well, Hailkit made me eat a leaf he found or he would tell Raincloud that I was under everyone's paws when the hunting patrol came back at sunhigh..." Fernkit said worried that she would get yelled at.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, Fernkit. Now I need you to eat these herbs so the icky feeling will go away. You are gonna throw up though." Lilypool said kindly, reasuring Fernkit it was ok to eat the herbs.

"O-okay." Fernkit mumbled eating the leaves.

As Lilypool had promised, Fernkit threw up. She then went to go get some water and go back to sleep.

Word count: 560 🥲

sorry for the short chapter everyone. i promise i will make the chapters longer in the future but i really wanted to get something out for you guys to read.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter a lot. and i really hope that i can continue this book and i promise that i will make the chapters longer and make them more interesting for you guys. the next chapter will be their apprentice ceremony.

bye my little children! ❤😼