001.

𐙚

the sound of genesis' obnoxious alarm woke her up bright and early. she groans grabbing her phone and hitting the stop button.

she takes a couple minutes to stare at the ceiling counting the pink glow in the dark stars she had littered around because to this day she couldn't sleep without some sort of light.

"genny..?" she heard her grandmothers footsteps nearing closer and released a tired yawn, "you better not have fallen asleep again."

"i'm awake!" she calls out, "good morning."

her door opens and loretta walks in with a gentle smile. "good morning, sweetheart. you ready to open the store today?"

"ready as i'll ever be." genesis gets up from her bed and stretches, "you're coming in today, right? they're all your regulars, what if they don't like me?"

"oh, stop worrying. they'll adore you, don't you even worry about that. but, if you get too overwhelmed call me and i'll be right over."

genesis nods her head with a soft smile and waits until she shut the door behind her. she fights the urge to jump back into bed and instead grabs her clothes for the day before heading to the bathroom to shower, wash her face, brush her teeth and do her makeup.

her hair was in braids which she was thankful for because it saved her some time.

she dresses herself in a matching baby pink set that consisted of a long sleeve top and fold over leggings. she throws on a black scarf and a black puffer jacket before lacing on her shoes and grabbing random rings and a bracelet to add on before heading downstairs.

"don't you look pretty." her grandmother coos, smiling at genesis who walked over to kiss her cheek.

"thank you." genesis grabs a single pancake from the plate and kisses her cheek once more, "i gotta go. i love you."

"i love you too, genny . good luck!"

⋆。·°ʚ🍓ɞ°‧。⋆

"oh shoot," her stomach sinks at the line waiting outside and all the upset faces. it was only 4:45 what kind of horrible job did they have to be up this early?

she understood the irony.

"who the fuck are you?"

genesis cringes at the cursing and takes out her key to unlock the front door allowing them to enter. "my name is genesis...i'm new."

"clearly."

genesis frowns allowing the first three people in the automatic lights turned on as she took off her puffer and scarf hanging it up and putting on an apron. "just give me fifteen minutes." she begs heading to the back thanking her grandmother in her head for preparing everything the night before.

she didn't technically have to start serving anyone until 5 but she assumed her grandmother did and these people were clearly use to it.

genesis set up the displays and cleaned around a bit, ignoring the impatient looks she was receiving. she glanced at the clock and counted by from 10 until it was officially 5 o' clock.