Chapter two

"He said that?" Bree asks while shoving a taco in her mouth.

"He called me sweetheart, Bree. Sweetheart!" I roll my eyes and hug my knee sitting at the dinner table.

"Anyways...since its Saturday...I was wondering...If-"

"Get to the point." I interrupt Bree.

"If you wanted to come with me to the party tonight?" She knows my answer but begs with her eyes.

"Where?" Hope lights up in her eyes and she wiggles her shoulders.

"Adam's place."

"Adam? Bree, I don't even know who that is."

"Oh, come one Nova! Its Saturday. Your first Saturday in weeks without a night shift." She gives me her puppy look and I give in.

"Alright. I suppose I have enough time to get ready after my shift in an hour." She grabs my hands and shakes them.

"Yes! So I was thinking dark jeans-" She starts talking about her outfit and I listen half-hearted while getting ready for work in the bathroom.

"You're gonna be at Adam's party tonight?" Roberto asks me while cleaning the counter tops.

"Yea. Bree talked me into it." I make myself an espresso.

"Oh, I hoped you would maybe keep an eye on Loki for me tonight."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Believe me I would rather do that." I laugh hitting his shoulder.

"Believe I know! Don't worry I will find someone else." He chuckles.

Roberto and I have been coworkers for a couple of months after he started working at the café. The only reason he started working here was because of his own cat Loki. Oh, I didn't mention: I work at a cat café. I'm really grateful since I now have someone to cover me, switch shifts with and also to just talk to at work. Except for Robert and I there's only one more person working here. Roxanne or just Roxy as we call her.

"Why don't you stay here with Roxy? She's gonna be here any minute since I'm about to clock out?" I sort away the cups and plates.

"You know how it is..." Robert turns to face me leaning against a chair.

Roberto and Roxy have been having a "thing" for each other but both of them won't admit it so they just avoid it by not taking the same shifts.

"Yes, I do know that's why I'm saying it would be an opportunity to maybe get closer" I chuckle while he just shakes his head.

"Just clock out!" he throws his towel at me and laughs.

I clock out and get into my car to drive home.

I got ready with Bree and decided to wear ripped denim jeans, a sleeveless wine-red crop top revealing my tattoos on my back and put my hair up in a bun.

"Everybody already is drooling over your latino ass if you want to take the attention of off it put your hair down! Live a little!" Bree slaps me on my ass while walking by to get to the kitchen.

I chuckle and let my hair down. I scrunch my hair to loosen up my curls and grab my keys but Bree stops me.

"You're the one having fun tonight so let me drive."

"I-"

"Sh-Sh-Shhh" she shushes me and takes my keys leaving me no other option.

We arrive at Adam's place and I couldn't believe the mansion I was seeing. I walked over to the front door and could hear the music and people from the outside.