ELEVEN : CHEMISTRY

Start from the beginning

The first period is just about to start. There is a small podium created in the middle of the field, a mic stand and a big screen it has on the back is revealing the countdown for the first period. Five minutes before the start of the first period.

"Should I be nervous? This is not the same as the train, right?"
Jungwon murmured, shutting his eyes close and taking deep breaths. Jake looked at him. He's not fazed, not at all, he thought.

"I hope so."
Jake shortly answered. Jungwon gazed at him, seeing the latter in deep of his thoughts.

"You know something, right?"
He asked. Jake gazed at him, not speaking.

"Tell me, Jake-hyung."
Jungwon leaned closer to him so he could whisper it instead. Jake, still hesitant, heaved a sigh.

"I'll tell you after this period."
Jake replied which made Jungwon nod his head.

"Alright, then."
Jungwon eyed Jake with curiousity but shrugged it off his mind once someone started walking towards the podium.

A guy on a suit and tie with a big mascot head of a bunny. Similar to what they've been seeing since the train period. The guy opened a small envelope that has a letter inside, clearing his throat before testing the mic as he tap on its surface, creating a reverberating sound of an annoying high pitched frequency that caught all of the students' attention.

"All students are advised to make two lines based on their coins. Each line, proceed to your designated rooms."
After waiting for like an hour, that was the only thing said before the man walked out of the podium. Another two bunny masked guy raised two different posters, one with the head and one with the shield.

"Guess we'll be apart for this period."
Jake told Jungwon, making him see that he's on the heads side while Jungwon is on the shield.

"Great. Now I have someone to keep an eye on Jay-hyung."
Jungwon smiled at him, the mischievou, arrogant smile that tells him Jungwon is in control, or else, who knows might happen next.

Jake did not answer and walked towards his designated line.

"psycho..."
He whispered beneath his breath, chuckling.

_________

"What... is this...?"
The teams were lead towards two different locker rooms. The typical ones with many various lockers all over the place, with a shower room and shelves.

In the left corner of the room is a telephone. Of what purpose? No one knows yet.

"The lockers are locked."
One of their classmates said upon checking the lockers for an opened one. The masked men were not saying nor doing anything about it so it would be a part of the game, the students thoughts.

"What is this phone?"
Seo Jun-lee, one of the surviving students asked, looking at the telephone at the corner of the room.

"Who knows?"
Jung Aria answered him, gazing at the two students that were looking at the stack of lockers in the middle of the room.

Sunoo and Ryeon.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking?"
Sunoo asked her, gazing at the stack of mini lockers.

They are stacked in an irregular way, of different heights and colors per lines, as if it meant something.

"The Periodic Table."
Ryeon answered, gazing at the locker.