BnB sadness

The overhead fan wurlled with a low drowning hum and the last rays of dying sunlight shone through a crack in the curtains, the only thing lighting the dim room.

Tony layed face down on the twin size bed, the penguin print sheets rubbed harshly against his face. The room they had given him was ok, but deffinetly not as nice as the room he'd booked at the Legona hotel, but at least it was a fraction of the price. The bed was in the centre of the room, to the left was a cheap wardrobe and a poorly put together desk. To the right was the door to a cramped bathroom with a toilet, sink and walk in shower.

Tony groaned softly 'why here? Why of all places was it here.. where he lived?'. He felt like there were a thousand plates stacked on his chest and there was a tightly knotted tie around his neck making breathing difficult, or maybe that was because he was face down in the blanket. Memories kept coming to the surface what he had tried to suppress for years, some he half missed others he wanted to wipe from his mind entirely.

'maybe he's moved away?' he thought 'or I could just stay in here for the whole time.. just locked inside-' his thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Tony growled "did the do not disturb sign fall off??" He stated loudly.

"No, but I thought I'd give you a map of the town so you can choose where to go for dinner! I'm Sue by the way, you met my husband Jhonny at check in"

"Don't you make dinner here?" Tony asked, his voice slightly muffled by the blanket

"Oh no, BnB stands for Bed and Breakfast! We don't do dinner unfortunately"

Tony huffed into the blanket, frustrated and tired "ok fine.. I'll take the map"

Sue opened the door cheerily and put the map on the bedside table "oh my dear your in the dark!" She practically sang as she walked over to a dangling power pack, she switched it on and the room became alive with Christmas lights along the top of the room from corner to corner making Tony squint his eyes. Sue smiled widley "there you go Mr Tiger, all festive"

Tony sat up "uh yea.. thanks"

Sue looked at the Tigers eyes, he looked on the verge of crying "do you not have much Christmas spirit Mr Tiger? This is the most wonderful time of the year after all and you look glum"

"No, no I love Christmas.. the lights, the snow.. the warm fires.. I'm just a little upset about- my car, yea I didn't expect it to break down so bad-" Tony said, almost reveilling his true motive for sadness but deciding to keep it in

"You poor thing, I'm sure Lou will have it up and running before Christmas, he isn't usually too busy on a Tuesday"

Tony nodded and faked a smile, something he had gotten scarily good at "thanks Sue.."

"You know, there was a person in this town that never felt the Christmas spirit, he was a mean fellow but-"

"Thank you Sue but I just realized how hungry I am!" Tony panicked and lied "yeah I could.. I could eat a horse!" He rubbed his stomach

"Oh you poor Tiger! Well I'll leave you to it, Merry Christmas!" She said making her way to the door

"Yeah... Merry Christmas"