Above and Below

. The Void .

Time passed by swiftly and smoothly. The two have lost track. The date. The season. The time. All forgotten and lost. It's a wonder how they haven't torn each other to shreds.

"I'm tired of this place, I want out."

"I know, Bill, me too."

"We should do something."

The soft small voice sighed, falling silent for a moment. "No. This is fine."

"No, it's not."

Another moment of silence again. These seconds were starting to feel like minutes. Minutes feeling like hours. "I know."

"Flower, we can't stay here forever." He spoke with slight anger and concern, "I don't want to stay here forever."

"There's no turning back now."

"That's because we're not doing something."

"We don't need to do a thing."

He fell silent after a quick sigh.

. The Over World .

It's been a couple of months now. They all flew past either painfully slow or breathtakingly fast. It was halfway through the school year for the two Pines twins, they were getting eager. They didn't manage to find any clues of Y/N Pines and their possible whereabouts or who they could've been, which was frustrating. But it was fine, they planned on going to Gravity Falls for the summer again, maybe they would find something. Anything. 

Dipper sat on his bed, a textbook in hand. He was supposed to be doing homework, but this whole mystery thing had been pestering him more and more the closer summer got. After a moment, he closed the book and set it down beside him. He stared at the ground, thinking for a moment. He was yanked out of his thoughts when he heard Mabel slam the door open.

"HEY HEY I THINK I'VE GOT A CLUE!!!" She said excitedly. Her words immediately lit Dipper's face up as he grinned and rushed over to her. 

"What is it??! What is it!!??! Show me, show me!!" Mabel nodded in response and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the room.

Eventually the two entered another room. "The guest room..?" Dipper asked in confusion, tilting his head.

"It's not ANY guest room! I don't even think it IS a guest room." She responded, clearly giddy. "Look how it was set up! It was like someone was actually HERE."

He thought for a moment. He'd never stepped into this room before, matter of fact, he stayed away from it. Their mother always told the two to not go into the guest room, saying, "You have no business there."

But what if they did have business here? He looked up, looking around. It was slightly dusty.

And that's when he noticed something. A small flicker of light at the edge of his vision.