3 : get on your knees

Start from the beginning

Najma gave me a tight hug while squealing with excitement! And Irfan hugged Rahil congratulating him.

" Thanks Najma! You look so pretty as well! " I smiled at her, pulling away.

"So! You finally made it, huh! I mean, you literally saved my brother's single ass from staying single forever. And you know what? I knew this would happen one day! I knew from the moment you told me you were going to pursue my brother. I just had this feeling that you two were meant to be together." She teased me with a smirk.

I chuckled, remembering the first time I met Najma. I had told her that I found her brother very attractive, and she responded by saying that he was too much of a goody-good boy and would love to stay single forever, so she offered to help me pursue him.

" BHAI !!! You look so handsome! " Najma  chirped moving towards Rahil and hugging him as well And Irfan greeted me with a smile and I smiled back.

We chatted with Najma and her husband for a few seconds before Rahil's entire family arrived. His mom and dad are the sweetest people I've ever met. Nafisa aunty and Rashid uncle, who now demanded I call them ammi and abbu, and I gladly obeyed. They were so warmly welcoming and kind.

We all talked and laughed for few minutes, before they all went to attend guests.

Noor and Addin then arrived, looking stunning as always. Noor is Addin's wife. Noor hugged me, and Addin hugged Rahil.

" You both look so damn good together! Masha Allah! " Noor exclaimed.

" Right, Addin? " Noor nudged Addin, who replied with a boring .'Yeah'

Noor gave Addin a sharp, deadly glare.

" It's your bestfriend and cousin's reception! Atleast pretend like you are excited." Noor whispered to him, which was audible to me.

" It's okay, Noor! I don't expect anything from that cranky and cantankerous guy! Like, this creature didn't even call me for his waalima! So, what can i even expect from him? " I said, and Noor laughed out loud, throwing her head back, and Addin grumbled out a 'whatever fuck.'

Just when we were chit-chatting with Noor and Addin, Najma climbed the stage with her and Noor's best friend, Sammy, who congratulated us and brought a gift too.

Sammy and Najma greeted Noor happily.

Then suddenly, Najma exclaimed, " Bhai! You gotta do something! Look, bhabi isn't wearing the most important thing!"

She said to Rahil, standing near him. Rahil frowned and looked at me, saying,  " What? She's wearing everything! And she just looks so pretty and perfect."

He said, still looking at me from head to toe.

" Ooooohoooo prettyy??"  Najma teased.

" and perfect?? " Noor joined in near Najma, smirking and teasing Rahil!

I looked at Rahil, and our gaze met. We stood there gazing at each other until Najma cleared her throat and giggled along with her best friend, Noor.

" You both can continue the staring contest later, right now we were discussing something else? " Noor said.

" Ohhhhfooo bhai! bhabhi isn't wearing gajre! look at her wrists." Najma said, grabbing Rahil's attention.