Who Knows You Best

I would have to say that the person who knows me that best is the person who raised me, my grandmother. My grandmother has raised me and been in my life for now over twenty-five years and I am so grateful to have this wonderful woman as my mother figure. I believe that she knows me the best because I tell her almost everything that is going on in my life and still, to this day, I call her every day and tell her what is going on with my son, with work or just to sit down and talk to her for no reason. My grandmother knows me best because she and I have been through so much together and though I may not know much about her she knows more about me. She has watched me grow, she has spoiled, taken care of and loved me like any parent would their own child. The day we meet was a cold Thursday November night in the year 1997. It was cold but not freezing as the weather was changing from fall to winter. My biological mother was in the hospital bed getting ready to push, yours truly, out and as she was doing that my grandmother was the only other person in the room, there was nobody else there to support her. And support her she did my grandmother had supported her during her pregnancy with me, and after. So, when I became deathly sick to where I was attached to a heart monitor for almost a year after I was born my biological mother figured that she couldn't handle that, so she left me with my grandmother to raise a infant baby who was attached to a big, thick computer monitor looking machine. My grandmother and I met the day I was born and have become not only family, but she has become my best friend over the years and I love her with all of my heart.