Chapter 1: Hope is Born

Start bij het begin

Suddenly, Grisha's eyes caught something. He sees a strange mark on the baby's forehead.

Grisha: (That's odd? Is this a birthmark?) *Smiles* Congratulations, you two, it's a healthy baby bow

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Grisha: (That's odd? Is this a birthmark?) *Smiles* Congratulations, you two, it's a healthy baby bow.

Grisha then hands the baby to Kie, who gently holds her baby boy in her arms. The Tsugikuni couple are very happy to see their son brought into this world. But just like Grisha, they, too, spotted a mark on the baby's forehead.

Kie: *Weakly* That's strange? What's this odd mark on our son's forehead, Tanjuro?

Tanjuro: I'm not sure, Kie. This mark is unlike the mark I have. If I have to guess, this could be a blessing from the gods.

Kie: *Weakly* Hmmm... * Weakly Smiles* I believe so too. *Kisses the baby's head* My sweet little sun.

Tanjuro: What should we name our son, Kie?

Kie: How about... Taiyou?

Tanjuro: Taiyou... *Smiles* I love that name. Welcome to the family, Taiyou. *To Grisha* Thank you, Grisha, for your assistance.

Grisha: *Smiles* I was just doing my job, Tanjuro. But I believe your wife did all the work. So there's no need to thank me.

Tanjuro: But still, thank you, Grisha, and here.

Tanjuro stands up and walks over to Grisha as he takes out a small bag of money.

Tanjuro: Here for your help.

Grisha: O-Oh. There's no need to pay me, friend. You and I have been friends since I first got here. So please, keep it.

Tanjuro: Please, I assist, Grisha. Let's just say I'm helping out a friend. Your wife, Carla, is also pregnant. She's been pregnant for about six months now. Am I correct?

Grisha: *Rubs the back of his neck* Yes. You are indeed correct.

Tanjuro: Then, please take it, Grisha. It'll help you and the baby in the future.

Not seeing a way to convince his friend, Grisha accepts the money and slides it into his pocket. Grisha then grabs his belongings and prepares to head home.

Tanjuro: Are you leaving now, friend?

Grisha: Yes, I am. I apologize. I can't stay here any longer. I promise Carla that I'll be back home on time before dinner. I don't want to keep her waiting, or she'll gobble me up.

Tanjuro: *Chuckles* I see. I'll see you around then, Grisha. Please let Carla know that I said hi.

Kie: *Weakly* Tell her I said hi, too. And let her know if she wants to come by our place to see little Taiyou. It will be nice, do you agree, Grisha?

Grisha: *Smiles* Oh yes, I believe so, Kie. And don't worry, I'll let her know. I have to go now. I'll see you two later, and please rest up, Kie. You'll need to regain your strength.