Prologue

All art on this chapter and cover for fic is done by AlyGoosebear please do not re post the art!

In a mansion deep in the mushroom kingdom lives the Fungo family, a small rich family where twin boys lived with their father Bootleg and mother lady Rosea. A knock was heard echoing through the mansion late in the night. One of the servants runs to the door and opens it only to see a basket with a baby inside, she runs to grab the lord of the house. He steps outside and picks up the child confused, seeing the note tape to the blanket he reads it "SMG3? What a strange name for a child," the baby's eyes open catching the man's attention. When his eyes met with the child's ruby red eyes it was over, he walked inside screaming to his wife "HONEY WE HAVE A NEW SON!"

"WE WHAT!?" she yells back startled by the sudden news.

Nine years passed since then, the castle was shrouded in darkness as the lord of the house mourned the loss of his wife. He looked at the family photo and knew he had to be strong for his sons, the struggle was the youngest. Over time the twins Mario and Luigi started to act more like themselves, but that young boy he took in was becoming trouble. He walks around the house and notices black paint staining the floor, he sighs following it and catches the child painting his crown. "Three, what are you doing?" the child freezes as he slowly turns and gives him a smirk as he flashes his golden crown now with a skull on it "I was fixing my crown, gold is so lame but now look how awesome it looks!"

He squints at his son before letting out a sigh "Three that crown just wont work, we come from an important family you can't just walk around with a skull on your crown!" SMG3 pouts cleaning up the extra paint on the crown then stares at the skull on it. After a few moments of thinking he placed it on his head "Then maybe i want to do my own thing! Mom always told me being different isn't bad." Three gives his father a smile only to lose it when Bootleg snatches the crown from his head "I will get this cleaned, now get ready it's almost story time you know your brother hates to miss it."

He watches his father walk away and sighs as he drags himself to Luigi's room, seeing his younger brother Luigi pull Three in for a hug causing the younger sibling to panic and struggle to break free from the sudden affection. Luigi let's go giving a bright smile to him "Why so down?"

"Dad didn't like my idea of adding a cool design to our crowns, what's wrong with wanting a skull on my crown! Ugh now he is going to read us gross love stories." he groans sitting on the floor. He never cared for fairy tales; he rather sat down and read scary stories then listened to how some chick gave up her life for a dude she fell for to be happy with someone else. Luigi frowns "But love stories are amazing Three, the idea of going on some grand adventure with someone and falling for them how does that sound gross?" SMG3 lays on the floor staring at the green curtains thinking on how to explain to his brother.

"If I learn anything from these stories dad read us, romance is all flowers and sunshine you have to sacrifice everything for some random person cause oh no my heart skips a beat! Maybe go get checked by a doctor if your heart is doing that idiot!" Once he was done explaining he closed his eyes waiting for a reaction. His brother sighs sitting next to him "I think finding that certain someone is amazing, someone that just understands you where no one else can."

It took Three everything in him to not make a sarcastic remark, he opened his eyes and stared at the door. His father was taking too long meaning that Mario found the stash of pasta in the mansion again, his older brother was never the same after eating spaghetti in that party they went to last week. All he ever talks about is how he wants more spaghetti then throws a tantrum if he doesn't get any, if anything would be a fun fairytale to read it be the love story with his brother and the food.