・ | ✦ʚ 2 ɞ✦ |・

.
✧ [ - iPromise -] ✧

.

"My other secret is this, Freddie: I. Enjoyed. The. Kiss," she hummed, touching Freddie's nose with each word she said until on the last one her finger ended up on his lips, silencing the boy and his thoughts with that indirect kiss.

Once again, Sam had left Freddie completely speechless. Literally. Freddie froze, staring at her in shock as his brain nearly experienced a short circuit upon hearing his friend-enemy's words. Sam chuckled at his reaction, finally pulling Freddie out of his state of surprise to plunge him into a sea of doubts.

Why is she laughing at me? Was she even joking?, he wondered silently, feeling like an idiot for not having thought of it sooner. They both lived by playing pranks on each other, so why would she act differently under the influence of that gas?

"You got very quiet suddenly, Fredward," observed Sam amidst laughter.

"And you're very giggly, Princess Puckett," he pointed out sarcastically. "You were joking with me, weren't you?"

Sam burst into laughter at the suggestion, and Freddie took it as confirmation of his suspicions. Since her laughter was so contagious, he ended up joining her, without resentment. Gradually, their laughter subsided until they found themselves looking into each other's eyes.

"I have to admit that even under the influence of nitrous oxide, you're a very good liar; I almost fell into your trap, " he congratulated her, giving her a friendly tap on the shoulder. "But don't joke about something like that again, I almost thought you were serious."

"Oh, but I was serious," she confessed, reaching her hand towards him to play with his hair again. "I really wanna kiss you again and, by the way, you have nice hair, I like it."

Freddie looked at her with confusion, replaying the words in his mind and the tone in which they were spoken, trying to detect sarcasm in her words.

"You can't be serious," he persisted, feeling his heart beat faster at the possibility that she might actually be serious.

As if she had read his recent thoughts, Sam smiled sweetly and gently caressed his cheek, as if she wanted to memorize how it felt between her fingers. Then, she looked into Freddie's eyes with affection.

"I'm not joking, Freddie. I really enjoyed that kiss, and I wanna kiss you again," she affirmed with giggles, her cheeks as flushed as Freddie's. "I could give you a little kiss right now..."

"Now?" he asked, almost choking on his saliva at the thought.

Sam nodded and, without saying a word, she leaned towards him with clear intentions of kissing him. But before Freddie could even stop her, she stumbled over the exam table and ended up falling forward. In a reflex, Freddie caught her in a hug, preventing her from hitting the floor.

"Who would've thought my attempt at a kiss would end like this!" Sam laughed again, not seeming embarrassed to be in Freddie's arms. "Hey, Freddo. Does it smell funny here, or is it just me?"

"Maybe it's the antiseptic in this dentist's office," Freddie responded, feeling a mix of embarrassment and confusion at how quickly the situation had changed between them.

"No, it's sweet, like... vanilla."

"Oh, yes. I, uh, put on some vanilla cream before coming," he explained. Not knowing what else to say, he said the first thing that came to his mind. "So, do you like it?"

"Love it!" Sam exclaimed excitedly. "So much that it's making me hungry. Will you buy me ice cream, pretty please?"

Freddie smiled at her request. That did sound like something his Sam would say.