I : Genesis

Many years earlier

Aelora (Kings Landing)

Aelora Velaryon ran through the Red Keep, ignoring the myriad guards and servants pleading her to slow down. She would not wait for them to catch up. 

I have to find her.

Her mother Rhaenyra's labors had begun a short while ago, she needed to find Visenya and tell her. Aelora raced out into the tiltyard where her uncles Aegon and Aemond were "training" (if you could even call it that). 

She went past all of them straight to the carved Weirwood tree where she knew Visenya would be sitting, writing in her journal. 

Aelora reached only to find Visenya hunched over in a light pink dress, her fine silver hair tumbling down her back, sitting underneath the cool shade of the tree. Aelora paused for a moment admiring her friend's beauty.

Visenya was beautiful indeed, with perfectly silver hair and perfectly violet eyes she was the picture of a Valyrian woman. With some other highly appreciated features. Aelora snapped out of her reverie, cursing herself for forgetting her mother in her hour of need. 

"Visenya!" she called. Visenya's head snapped up from her work and turned to Aelora, a smile gracing her face which quickly dissolved upon seeing Aelora's expression. "Aelora?" she said concerningly as she ran over. They stood in front of each other now and Aelora felt slightly breathless, clearly from all the running she did. 

"Aelora what's wrong your white as a ghost" Visenya said reaching out with one and grasp Aelora's chin lightly, her journal tucked underneath one arm. 

Aelora was never one for vulnerability. She was her mother's heir. Even at a young age Aelora always had a great sense of awareness and responsibility. She would not cry and throw tantrums like her brothers did. But something about Visenya always made Aelora open up. 

"My...mother her, her labors have begun." she said. Visenya noticed her friends unusual behaviour and adjusted herself accordingly "Alright Lora breath. Breathe, it's fine. Your mother has been through this three times already the fourth will be the same.". 

She nodded along forcing herself to calm down, she would not help her mother by throwing hysterics. She cleared her throat and steadied herself, forcing the panic from her face to cease.

Visenya smirked knowing her friends ability to change emotions like that. Aelora wore her expressions and emotions like a carefully crafted masks, one that never slipped in front of anyone other than Visenya. 

"Come" Aelora said her voice perfectly cool and even "My mother awaits us" Visenya giggled and Aelora smiled back and walked back slightly hurried hand in hand. 

The two girls ignored the commotion in the Keep as they hurried along to her mother's birthing chambers. 

When they arrived in front of the room, Aelora only saw the midwives milling about her mother nowhere to be found. She glanced at the bed her hand instinctively tightening around Visenya's as she took in the blood along the crisp white sheets. 

A sudden panic took ahold of her though she was careful not to show it. 

What is she's gone? What if the birth killed her like it killed grandmother?