Chapter 14: A Harrowing Incident

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

POV: Ruby

As the sun streamed through the windows of the skatng rink, I found myself immersed in my practice routine. The events of the previous day had left me emotionally drained, but I sought solace in the familiar embrace of the ice. My skates glided across the surface, carrying the weight of my unspoken emotions.

As I began to perform, the strains of a song I had composed enveloped me, intertwining with the rhythm of my movements. The melody resonated with the heartbreak I had experienced, infusing my routine with raw emotion and vulnerability.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I skated, the echoes of my song reverberating through the rink. The pain and longing within me found expression in every graceful arc and intricate spin, a poignant testament to the turmoil I harbored within.

Amidst the whirlwind of emotions, the sound of the rink door opening caught me off guard. I glimpsed Taylor, my brother, and our friends entering, accompanied by an unexpected presence – Yeji. Ignoring their arrival, I continued to skate, pouring my heart and soul into each movement.

My focus intensified as I prepared to execute a challenging jump, but before I could complete it, a sharp pain seared through me. I stumbled, the world spinning around me, before darkness engulfed my senses.

POV: Lee

Taylor and I returned from changing into our skating attire, ready to join Ruby on the ice. However, our anticipation turned to dread as we witnessed Ruby falter and collapse.

Rushing to her side, we frantically called for help, urging someone to summon an ambulance. Fear and worry gripped us as we watched the paramedics attend to Ruby, her limp form a stark reminder of the fragility of life.

At the hospital, the doctor's reassurance that Ruby would recover brought a sense of relief. However, the news that she had suffered a concussion and a sprained ankle cast a shadow over our relief. The doctor's words echoed in our minds – Ruby would have to refrain from skating and rest until she healed.

As the date of the upcoming competition loomed, the realization that Ruby might not be able to compete tore at our hearts. The uncertainty and concern weighed heavily upon us, and we could only hope and pray for Ruby's swift recovery.

To be continued...