Training Center

"Rise and shine my tributes!" Velvet calls out clapping her hands.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I stand up out of bed and slide on my slippers provided by the capitol.

"Goodmorning Athena, wonderful of you to join us." Gloss greets.

I notice Marvel, Cashmere, Gloss, Velvet, Tigris, and Marvel's stylist all sat at the table.

"Why does this look like you're about to host a drug intervention for me?" You laugh.

"Athena, darling, please stay in the building tonight." Cashmere spoke up.

"Marvel.." I shot daggers at him.

"No, don't blame Marvel. I stayed up and watched you. Go ahead and start alliances, but don't start a romance you can't finish." Cashmere stated.

"It was nothing. I don't even know the boys name. It was innocent flirting.". I defended.

"Just," Cahsmere cleared her throat. "Stay in tonight."

I nodded before piling food on my plate.

As we ate breakfast Velvet went on about how training starts today.

"Don't show anyone your abilities!" I overhear Velvet say.

I looked up and then to Gloss and back to Velvet.

"Velvet, Athena and Marvel are some of my top fighters at my training center. Trust me, let them work on stuff. The more they hide the more they're going to struggle." Gloss spoke up.

He looked over at you and sent a wink. You smiled back.

"I- well, I suppose, you are their mentor after all." She agrees.

"Now you two go wash up and get changed. They want all tributes in the training center by noon!" Velvet hurries.

I go back to my room and take a quick shower and put on my training outfit.

It's a tight black short sleeved shirt and tight black pants, rimmed with red. A small Red and white box with the number 1 on it on my sleeve.

As I tie my hair in a pony tail, I readjust my necklace. The same gold one, with a sword on it.

"Okay my tributes! Let's go!" Velvet cheers.

I let out an exasperated sigh and walk out of my room.

Velvet babbles to herself about something as me and Marvel walk in tow.

"Sorry that you got in trouble." Marvel whispers.

"It's fine, but I highly doubt I'll talk to him again after today. When he sees how deadly I am he'll piss his pants and run away." I laugh.

"Athena, he's pretty deadly too."

"Oh Marvel, who has beaten you in every spar we've done?"

"Touché."

"Alright my loves, go line up over there and listen up. When she dismisses you go to whatever weapon you handle best and well, show them who's boss!" Velvet claps.

You give her a small smile as you walk into the line.

You're stood next to the district two boy.

"Hey princess."

"Shut up."

The training center lady talks for what seems like forever until she finally tells us we can go train.

I walk towards the swords and grab one.

I starts twirling it before heading towards the knifes.

I pick up a knife and hide it in my waistband. Even in the tight clothes for training, it's still hidden to the point that my opponent won't notice it.