chapter five

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐...

the next day, valentina and evan hadn't spoken about them liking each other. they were waiting for one of them to bring it up again.

they were both on their way to meet at the diner and study.

they arrived at the same time, both walking in and getting sat at a table next to each other so the studying would be easier.

"wow, you actually brought your backpack this time." valentina pretended to be shocked.

"yeah, i did." evan nodded proudly.

valentina wanted to mention the whole liking each other thing, but she fought the urge to.

🐇𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒🪐...

the next morning was the day of evan and scuba's big game as they neared the end of the school year, which was in december.

the group were all sitting at lunch, talking to their other duo or someone. suddenly, bobby came over.

valentina hadn't seen him in a year, ever since he tried to save her from the drastic events at rightmart.

"bobby, is that you?" yulia joked, implying how surprised she was to see him. "yeah, i'm back." he nodded, flashing a small and awkward smile.

"valentina, i thought you were dead?" bobby mentioned. "well, she's right here." evan said, nudging the girl. "who said she was dead?" gabby chuckled.

"i just assumed she was. i mean, right after i broke my arm i kind of forgot everything, went to the hospital, got treated and left town and never heard anything about you guys." bobby explained.

"yeah, you have a lot of explaining to do. let's go walk and talk?" jess asked, standing up with her bag. bobby nodded in agreement. "well, it's nice to see you, val." bobby remarked before walking away with jess.

"what's he doing back in town?" yulia wondered. "no idea." scuba answered with an unbothered shrug.

"i missed bobby." gabby admitted. "so did i. i'm glad he's better now." valentina agreed, nodding as she glanced over to jess and bobby.

out of the blue, ryan approached the table, glaring at valentina. "can we talk?" he asked. the nosy group looked at valentina to see what she would say.

"why?" valentina inquired, raising a brow. "i'll tell you why if you let me talk to you— away from this chode." ryan snarked, referring to evan. yulia snickered at the insult.

"hop off my dick, baker." evan scoffed. "okay, shut up. we can talk." valentina got up, leaving her bag behind with gabby and yulia.

valentina walked over to ryan, grabbing his arm and dragging him off to a farther distance. "okay, we're alone. what do you want? and this better be good." she said, folding her arms over her chest.

the group stared hardly, trying to make out what they were talking about. "he's such a fucking square." evan joked about ryan. "oh, no. trust me, i've seen ryan fight. he could beat anyone's ass blindfolded." gabby assured.

"yeah, right. he's scrawny as hell." scuba rolled his eyes in disagreement. "okay, well, then, uh— if you're so tough, why don't you go fight him, you hot shot?" yulia scoffed.

"i was joking the first time, but i heard jess talking about ti with yulia and gabby in the hallway before lunch. evan's only trying to get with you for the prom because scuba made a bet with him." ryan informed.

"you're lying to me, aren't you? like you always do?" valentina retorted. "what reason do i have to lie to you anymore? you can even ask scott over there, he was with me when we passed by them and heard it all." ryan told.