18

EXCHANGE
Consider voting on this chapter!

EXCHANGEConsider voting on this chapter!

You weren't excited to go to work the following afternoon. Only because you were positive you'd get more stares when you entered the building. It was 10:30 and you were ready to leave your apartment and head toward the train stations

You were hoping you wouldn't bump into Sakusa who'd end up offering you a ride. The rumors were too much for you and you weren't trying to make them worse.

It was weird though Sakusa was a very nice guy but hard to read. Based on first impressions you assumed he be cold and hard to talk to but it seemed to be easier than that.

On your way through the building lobby your head is down and you're adjusting your bag's strap on your shoulder. In the process of trying to keep it from sliding down, you almost run into someone because you're not paying attention. It's just an older man luckily and you apologize to him but he seems to have an attitude anyway and walk away from you.

Now you keep your head up and as you continue through the large lobby you see what looks like Sakusa and another man with him. They're around the same height but the other guy is a brunette. They both spot you and the brunette guy starts whispering something to Sakusa as they get closer to you.

When you're close enough to see it is Sakusa you say "Hi," and plan on continuing but he stops you by asking a question. "Are you heading to work?" he asks with a pensive look on his face, the brunette next to him stares at you with the weirdest expression on his face. Close to a smirk, but not really. You look away from the man next to him and nod, "Yeah I am,"

"I'm sorry I can't give you a ride if it wasn't for Komori I would." You look over to the man--Komori again finally being able to give a name to his face. They must've been friends or something. "No it's fine I've told you before it's not a problem,"

A smirk resides on Komori's face which quickly turns into a confused look when he processes your words. "How come you never offer me rides to places, I'm your cousin!?" he asks turning to Sakusa. 'Oh they're cousins.' you muse internally as you eye the duo in front of you.

"You can drive so what's the point? Don't be lazy." Sakusa replied in a monotone voice while glaring at his cousin.

Suddenly a lightbulb turns on above your head--metaphorically of course as you remember what Sakusa had offered you a few days ago. "Oh, that reminds me, when do you think you could take me to get my license?"

He ponders at your question briefly, "Whenever our schedules align maybe," he says sounding very unsure of himself. Suddenly Komori jumps into the conversation.

"You guys could exchange numbers and talk about it!" he suggests enthusiastically.

You smile at the suggestion and agree "Good idea, I can give you my number."

Sakusa nods and reaches into the back pockets of his pants and you notice he's struggling to get his phone. You try not to notice his nervous fumbling and look away briefly until he has his phone out before telling him your number.

Before parting you remember how you were dreading being spotted outside and turn to ask Sakusa something. "You wouldn't happen to have a face mask on hand would you?" you question and you see a small smile appear on his face before he unzips his jacket and grabs something from an inside pocket.

He hands you a single-packaged white face mask, which is in clear plastic. You smiled before thanking the man and waving goodbye. "Nice meeting you Komori," you add while waving goodbye to the brunette.

"Nice meeting you too L/n," he coos in a sing-song voice, which is weird. As you turn you hear a weird thud and Komori goes "Ouch". When you glance back both Sakusa and him are walking to the elevator but Komori is rubbing his arm aggressively.

As you exit the building you begin to open up the prepackaged face mask and put it on your face. You crumple up the plastic and shove it in your bag so you can throw it away when you find a recycling bin. Not too long after you exited the building and got out onto the street you realized Sakusa hadn't mentioned your name that whole conversation. You also never properly introduced yourself to Komori.

So how did he know your name?