05

EXCUSES, EXCUSES
Consider voting on this chapter!

EXCUSES, EXCUSESConsider voting on this chapter!

The next morning, you felt more than relaxed as if the sudden meeting with Hiro had changed your mood entirely. That notion wasn't far from the truth though. You were almost sure meeting with him was a big part of your sudden mood change.

Nonetheless, you tried your hardest to push this thought to the back of your head along with that gut-wrenching story he told you last night. Stomaching it all, you gathered yourself in the kitchen and rummaged through your cabinets looking for something to eat. Nothing caught your eye so you moved to the fridge next.

it seemed as if you were sick of all of the options you had so you settled on making a fried egg or two and made a mental note to go grocery shopping soon. You grabbed one of your nonstick pans, turned the stove on low heat, cut a small sliver of butter from the stick, and tossed it on the pan.

You were about to raise the heat to medium when you heard a loud crashing sound. You snapped your head around trying to find the noise when you heard it again. This time you realized it was next door.

Sakusa's apartment, next door.

Wary, you stepped away from the slowly melting butter and went to the door that led to the hallway.  Peaking your head out you turned your head to the right, the direction of Sakusa's apartment.

You left the door open slightly behind you and you heard another loud thud which caused you to rush over this time. "What the hell is going on?" you mumbled as you stopped in front of the door. Quickly you knocked a good few times hopefully loud enough for him to hear over those random clashing sounds.

When you saw the door knob jiggle, you expected to see your stoic, black-haired neighbor. So you were surprised to see a faux blond man, with dark brown eyebrows. He was clearly surprised to see you too because his eyes widened drastically before a grin fell onto his lips.

"Uhm, is everything okay over here?" You asked the random man who you had assumed was one of your neighbors' friends. The fake blond gave you a once-over. "Yeah everything's good, why?"

His blunt confusion took you back. You blinked quickly a few times before speaking up. "Oh it just sounded like something was wrong—is Sakusa not home or..." your voice trailed off and you glanced over the blond's shoulder trying to peek into the apartment. 

The man furrowed his brows at you and suddenly his eyes widened, "Oh you're the neighbor!" he exclaimed, his tense face becoming more relaxed. "Omi-kun didn't mention you were hot-" At the mention of his nickname the tall dark haired volleyball player appeared out of nowhere.