2: "You are mine."

Naruto opened her eyes to see the familiar chains. But this time, those chains were not holding the Kyubi. It was her own mother.

A wave of grief washed over her as she took the sight of her tortured mother. Her footsteps echoed as she approached the stone slab that held Kushina's body.

"Mom." Her voice whimpered. Naruto felt like crying. But she kept calling out to Kushina.

Tears were starting to drip from her eyelids. "Mama." She called Kushina out again, sobbing.

Kushina stares into the darkness.

If she died, would anyone even grieve? What if she just ended it all? There was no one left for her anyway.

At least she grieved the death of the one she loved. Kushina didn’t think anyone would grieve her. Kushina didn’t think anyone would even miss her. Minato probably hates her, too. For letting their baby die.

So perhaps she could just give up?

Perhaps hse could simply rest well. Maybe even cease her eternal crying.

Kushina wanted to just stop feeling.

She hated it.

Please. All she wanted was to rest.

"MOM!"

Great, Kushina was hallucinating again.

A body slams into hers, and she realises she wasn’t free-falling anymore.

"Mom, wake up. We need you. Dad and I need you." The voice was unfamiliar but warm, the body hugging her smelt like oranges and Sunshine and her hugs were just as warm as Minato's.

The girl was beautiful. She was around eighteen with wild blond curls and bright blue eyes that were staring up at her with so much love. Kushina choked a little in realisation.

"Are- are you mine?" Kushina stuttered out, and the girl's gaze turned tearful.

"Of course I’m yours. I’ll always be yours, Mom."

A sob escapes the confined Kushina had very meticulously made for her tears, and she stumbles, arms wounding tightly around her daughter.

"I’ve missed you so much. But you need to wake up now," Naruto managed through her ugly sobs. Kushina held her tighter, arms like vice around her. "We’ve been waiting for you," She started, and Kushina's mouth grew dry. 

"What do you mean?"

Naruto moved back, looking at her mom. She was so pretty.

Cupping her face in her hands, she rested their foreheads together. "You've been sleeping for a long time. So, I came to wake you up. It's been years. Dad and everyone is waiting for you. So, you need to wake up. I'll explain everything later. Once you're up." She explained before kissing her forehead.

"Minato is waiting? You too?"

Naruto nodded, tearfully.

A beautiful smile bloomed on her mom's face, "Alright. Go. I'll follow you." She promised.

Naruto looked at her for a minute before nodding. In a few seconds, she felt herself pulled out of her mother's mindscape and fell on her knees on the floor.

"Naruto!" She vaguely registered warm arms around her. Looking up, she saw the familiar blue eyes staring at her in concern.

Her fath- Minato was kneeling down, holding her as if she's some precious little piece of treasure. She could vaguely feel the eyes of other people in the room behind her.

"I'm fine." She pulled herself out of his grasp but found his grip tightened as she stumbled slightly due to the wisps of nervousness at his sudden concern towards her wellbeing.

Godaime observed her every move like a hawk. He was about to say something when a familiar voice called out to him, causing him to freeze abruptly.

Series of gasps could be heard all around the room. Kushina was awake. He didn't waste a single second in making his way to his wife. And as he noticed, neither did Tsunade. The Senju matriarch was already running diagnostics on the newly awoken woman.

Naruto felt her feet rooted to the floor as she watched the reunion of two lovers. Her face was devoid of the grief and yearning that were breaking her heart.

Her mother’s chakra was already embracing her warmly, and it was taking everything in her not to cry. Because the second Kushina had opened her eyes, her chakra had turned frantic latching onto her with a fevor and refusing to let go.

It was probably why she was now gazing at her so intently. Naruto couldn’t seem to look at her, though.

"Won't you come and hug me, Naruto?" Kushina asked suddenly, directly after the medical examination was over.

"She's actually my relative. She came from Namikaze clan like myself. So, I thought it's only natural that I offer her to stay," Minato said firmly but gently, and Naruto was in disbelief because she doubt that he's aware of the fact that she kinda already came clean to Kushina about her identity. Kinda. It also accured to her that her disguise and yet her mother seemed to see through it. But at the same time, she was glad that Minato still thought of handling the situation. As she hadn’t made a cover story yet. He was really on top of his game.

"Your relative?" Kushina mouthed the word. Her eyes train on Naruto like lasers, and she shakes her head with a deadpan expression. "Did you seriously try to bullshit me when I can feel the Kyuubi's chakra thrumming in her. Tell me the truth," She demanded, and everyone stilled.

Naruto was trying not to tremble, but her mom was here and alive, and she knew her. She knew she was hers, and that was really all it would take to ruin Naruto's fine control.

"You can’t know that." Naruto croaks out, and Kushina gathered her hands in her own.

"I do!" She demanded, her violet eyes searching her brown ones, but they were firm in her belief, and Naruto knew Uzumaki Kushina was just about the most stubborn and strongest person Naruto knew. Regardless of dimensions.

Naruto could tell everyone was now eyeing her with a new awareness that hadn’t been there before. It was hopeless to try and hide it now, not if she wanted their help. So, without a second thought, she dropped the disguise.

"Mom," Naruto scolds with a laugh, "You’re making it really hard to have a secret identity here, 'attabayo!" She continued, her smile watery with tears gathering in her eyes, and Kushina burst into tears.

"I knew it , I knew it. You’re mine." She sobbed and brought Naruto closer to her chest, holding the blond like she’d disappear any second. "You’re mine. I don’t know how. I don’t know why. You have Minato's hair and his eyes, and you have my chin and my nose and my jaw. Your cheekmarks are all yours, though," Kushina let out a wet laugh, and Naruto choked on a sob, head burrowing into her mother's chest.

Minato was shaking as he stared at Naruto. His heart ached as his mind subconsciously matched the similarities between the newborn in his memories and this grown-up version of his daughter. He had believed her when she told him. But seeing her without that disguise made him want to fall on his knees and gather his baby girl in arms and beg for her forgiveness for failing as her father.

So, he hurried to crouch beside his bawling wife and a child who’d latched onto Kushina like she’d never felt a mother’s love before. The scene made him blink tears out of his eyes, but he gently moved the two into more comfortable positions. While they all cried out, he tried to make sense of things.

Although, He was already planning on how to decorate a new bedroom in their house.