Chapter 5

"We need to leave the forest." I told Sky. She looked at me. "Where are we going to go?" She asked me. I stared into her eyes I could tell she knew but I told her. "To the mountains." I said. Her eyes closed and her ears lye flat. "What's wrong?" I asked. I sat in front of her the den was silent the only sound was the cold winter breezes blowing in. "Bad things happened there Star.....bad things will happen there." She said.
Bad things happened here to. I thought remembering what had happened to River.

Sky looked up at me. "Are you thinking about River?" She asked. I slowly nodded.

"I know."She said quietly.

"I don't want to go either, River is buried here." I said, my voice shook a little. Sky stared at me in sympathy.

"How did he die?" She asked me. I sighed.

"H-he got hit by a truck on the road."

"The truck didn't stop nor did it slow down, I had to carry his body across to the field." I stopped, it felt like I had something caught in my throat saddness is what I felt, I scented Sky's sorrow as well. The den was silent for a moment then Sky spoke.
"He will come with us, mabye not his body but he will come." She said looking up at me.
"Where we go, he will come."