Chapter Forty Eight: Whatever It Takes

Mulai dari awal

"He's in for a beating if he does try something with you though, (Y/N)!" Kohaku mentioned as she put up a fist, causing you to snicker a bit.

"I could teach you some judo moves if you want to fend for yourself without a weapon," Nikki added her comment. "Men can be quite annoying."

"That would be great, actually. Thank you, Nikki," you told her with a small smile.

Suddenly, you saw everyone scrambling to disassemble the ship. You met up with the men as they placed all the materials in safe spots, covering with blankets and tarps.

"What's going on?" You asked with bewilderment.

"The humidity has risen 90% with the wind going south by southwest. The temperature has suddenly rose to 14°C (57.2°F), and the capillaries clouds are coming at a speed of 60km/h, meaning that there's a maelstrom coming!" Ryusui explained to you with the snap of his fingers.

You looked at Senku for confirmation and he nodded as he held up a thermometer. "I checked with temperature and he's spot on. Based on that, it's better to assume that we need to protect everything."

The blonde sailor then looked at you with proud, golden eyes, holding his hand out for you once more. "My sailor's instinct is never wrong. Come, let's get you to shelter quickly, (Y/N). I'll accompany you as the storm passes."

The green-haired boy then stepped in between the two of you with a smirk. "I've got some other things to show you real quick, mister. Don't think about leaving here now."

The man furrowed his eyebrows a bit, understanding that your partner was truly not backing down--subtle as he was. He responded with a laugh, "Alright! I find you extremely amusing, Senku!"

He then went off to help the others store the supplies, and the scientist turned to you with an awkward grin that he was trying to hide. "You're not gonna tell me 'I told you so'?"

"Nope. You're experiencing the consequences of your actions. But, at least now we have an 'early weather alert system' in the flesh."

-Present Time-

"And he's still thinking of trying to marry me. Why? I don't know! I have no assets! I'm also with Senku! Sure, we're not officially married because we don't have an officiate, but that doesn't mean I'm up for the taking! Who does he think he is?!" You loudly ranted, ignoring the mentalist. You were nearly shouting at this point as you waved your arms in the air.

Gen stared at you with surprise, but spoke up as he slowly went up to you, "My, my, I've never seen you this upset, (Y/N)-chan. It feels out of character for you, especially seeing how much of a nice person you could be. You need to relax for now. You're not going through anything hormonal, are you?"

"I'm frustrated more than anything...and who knows?" you mumbled as he patted your shoulders so you could sit down on the sand. "I'm allowed to feel that way after what happened, right?"

"Yes, of course. I'd also be frustrated if the love of my life had revived a guy that I dislike~" he chuckled as he began to use his hands to work with your arms so you could calm down. "Things like this happen."

"If you said that in the modern world, you'd be called 'crazy,'" you started laughing.

He smiled calmly. "Well, this is the new modern world--if you get what I'm saying, (Y/N)-chan. Now, have you talked about this with Senku-chan yet?"