Chapter Thirty Four: I'll Do Anything

34. I'll Do Anything

09-16-2023

A/N: I forgot to mention last week but thank you for 20k+ reads and 1k+ votes! You guys are so awesome!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
(* ̄∇ ̄*)

Q: How are you feeling about the weekly updates so far?

-----

"Don't start feeling me up, now..."

Homura was looking up at Senku as he was sitting on top of her. The look in her pink eyes had shown that she wasn't content being held down by the scientist.

"Heh...keep in mind who you're dealing with when you try to use lines like that. After we restore civilization to its full, scientific glory, I can play that innocent boy all you want," Senku said smugly.

The woman underneath him had let out an annoyed sigh. The scientist's gaze drifted to you, who stared with hooded eyelids as you cradled a blinded Kohaku in your arms. Homura had no idea what was going on until she realized what the relationship between the both of you was just by the slight tension. "A risk with fire, I see..."

"Heh, she knows that I'm ten billion percent not interested in just any woman, so you can knock yourself out with as many pure-hearted boys as you like. Right, (Y/N)?" He questioned you.

You let out harumph. "Right."

The enemy then stopped talking. Widening her eyes, it looked as though she figured something out. Next thing you know, she was up and about, flipping Senku over on his back.

"HE'S COMPLETELY USELESS!" The villagers cried.

Ginro cried, "That's the power of a water flea for ya..."

"Why the hell didn't I see this sooner?!" You cursed at yourself.

You then saw Homura using her gymnastics to hastily get away from everybody. Nobody except you and Senku knew about her techniques, so it was impossible for them to catch her. You gently laid Kohaku on the ground, who still couldn't see a single thing, and grabbed your katana from its sheath.

"Just what kinda of martial arts are those...?!" Kokuyo wondered as she jumped into a tree and looked down on everybody.

With her squinted eyes, she started listing off names, "Kinro, Ginro, Kohaku Suika..."

"How does she know our names?" Suika asked.

"She carefully monitored us the entire time she was here," you explained to her.

"...Senku and (Y/N). But where's Chrome, Magma, and Gen? You're all here except for the three of them. That's unnatural," said Homura, the expression on her face turning dark with strained fear. "Where are they?"

Not even a second later, she quickly retreated into the forest with no time to lose. She realized the operations team was delivering something, since the village had to go through the lengths of setting up a diversion.

"She noticed. Just as we feared, she's on to the movements of Chrome's cellphone team," Kinro stated with furrowed eyebrows.

"This is bad!" His brother frightfully cried out.

The little melon girl tried getting her puppy, Chalk, to find a trail to Homura using his sense of smell. However, she was long gone before the animal could even find anything with her scent. Some of the villagers went back to their homes after the eventful day. Senku had also quickly left and it was beginning to get dark.