Kalos Beginnings: Whispers of the Past

Start from the beginning

Turning to Pikachu, I asked, "How do I look, buddy?"

Pikachu's ears dropped, and a frown replaced his smile as he observed my new look. That was the confirmation I needed as I zipped my bag and slung it over my back.

"Pika!" Pikachu protested, attempting to snatch the specs away from my face, but I pulled my head back.

"Sorry, Pikachu. You know, it has to be like this," I said, smiling at Pikachu, who looked upset witnessing the style change.

It had to be this way; At first when I introduced myself at this school, the girls just won't stop bothering me. Phrases like "He looks cute" and "Maybe I have a chance with him" "We got a new cutie" echoed in the hallways.

I mean, what the hell! A guy enters a new school, and suddenly, everyone starts flirting? Talk about falling for looks. Well, I couldn't blame them; even I fell for my best friend at first because of her looks.

To avoid such attention, I decided to wear these nerdy-looking specs and straighten my hair. Sometimes I wish I had the power to change my face and identity with just a turn.

I know, you all must be thinking, why can't you change your looks in home, I once did!

I once tried changing my looks at home, but my mom, being the dramatic mom she is, shed some fake tears, pinching my cheeks, exclaimed "Where is my Ashy? What have you done to my cute little adorable Ash!"

I love my mom and all, but those dramas can be a bit much. So, to avoid those theatrics, I prefer to change my looks on the go. It's just easier that way.

The bus arrived, and we hopped on, finding an empty seat. As we settled in the back seat, Pikachu shifted into my lap, curling into a ball.

I just smiled and started stroking his fur as he cooed in response. He's the reason I didn't do anything stupid during my school days.

He was a little Pichu when I used to attend the school in Pallet Town. At first, he was annoying and didn't hear a word I told him. The funny part was whenever he used to shock me; he'd faint down first, unable to handle his own electricity.

On that fateful day, I was sure I didn't want to live anymore. But then he came out of nowhere and jumped into my arms, crying his heart out, not letting me go.

We cried together, hugging each other to our heart's content, and then suddenly, something magical happened.

He evolved!

I don't know what triggered it. His body was glowing the brightest silver, the size of his body increased, and the next moment I opened my eyes.

Poof! Pichu was gone, and there stood a Pikachu who was as surprised as me. Hehe, that look on his face was priceless.

As the bus gradually filled, I noticed the sidelong glances from other students, their attention quickly returning to their own affairs, neglecting my gloomy presence.

Suddenly, a familiar hand draped over my shoulder, and a voice whispered in my ear, "Looking nerdy as ever, Ashy boy!"

"Gaaa—" I started, almost shouting, but I restrained myself upon realizing who it was.

The one and only Gary Oak!

Sighing, I settled into my seat, shooting a mean glare at Gary, who responded with a cheeky wink.

"I've told you to stop with that name," I whisper-yelled, annoyance etched across my face.

"Sure, maybe when you get yourself a girlfriend!" Gary laughed, and I rolled my eyes, unamused by his persistent teasing.