Human Again

Taylor's  Wolf's POV

Tyler growls at them. As the vampire holds the gate shut. "Caroline, let me help!" the human shouts. Caroline, that name sounds familiar I think as I cock my head.

"Get back, I got it!" Caroline tells him. Tyler starts to attack, fitting his snout through the bars of the gate and snapping and snarling. Caroline flinches but holds the gate steady. I snarl baring my teeth as the human holds up his gun. Aiming it at my nephew. I attack the gate, causing him to back away. No one threatens my nephew.

"Caroline, the door's not going to hold" the human tells her. As he takes turns pointing the gun at my nephew and I. "Come on!" he yells.

"Tyler, please!" Caroline cries. Tyler doesn't let up on his attack. Matt shoots Tyler, who yelps in pain and backs away. I snarl and launch myself at the gate and he shots me. I yelp in pain as I fall to the ground just outside the gate. I whine lowly. "Matt! No, hey, no! It's Tyler! And his aunt!" Caroline shouts.

"They're trying to kill us!" he shouts back. As I slowly crawl over to Tyler. I lick his muzzle. We're both panting heavily from our wounds.

"Wait, they're wounded" Caroline tells Matt. I hear chains rattle. I do nothing but crawl over Tyler to protect him with my body. They won't hurt him again. "We can go around them" she states.

"Are you nuts?" Matt asks her.

"You're not going to shoot either of them again, okay? Okay. Matt, take my hand" she says. I growl lowly. "Matt, she won't attack if we don't. She is only protecting Tyler" she tells him lowly. "Take my hand" she says again. Matt finally complies and places the rifle over his shoulder. He takes Caroline's hand and she vamp-speeds the two of them out of the cellar.

I get off of Tyler. We rest to let ourselves heal. Wooden bullets won't kill us, but it hurts like a bitch. Once we could stand. We leave the cellar. I scented the air and smell a new wolf. I growl lowly. I nudge Tyler and start to lead him back. Knowing he'll change back soon. Though I still have sometime. I left him at the doorstep and go look for the new wolf.

I found him on the out skirts of turn. I stay down wind of him. It's a grey wolf, I can tell he is very powerful. There is no way I could beat him in a fight. I watch him leave town and sigh in relief. I then run home. I see some clothes left out where I had dropped Tyler off. I grab them and head into the woods.

Taylor's POV

I wake up human. I put on the clothes that had been left out. Happy to be human. My wound has already healed. I need to check on Tyler, make sure his wound healed ok. I return to the house. I enter to see Matt and Caroline. "Hello you two, sorry about trying to kill. How's Tyler?" I ask.

"Sleeping. He should be better by morning. He just...He needs some rest" Caroline states. "How are you?" she asks.

"I've head worse, I'll be fine by morning" I assure her.

"Good" Matt says. "So this is your life now, huh?" he asks Caroline.

"Never a dull moment" she tells him.

"I'm gonna go shower and leave you two to talk" I tell them. I head upstairs to my room. I shower washing away the blood and dirt. Then get dressed into my pjs. When I come back downstairs I see Caroline alone. "You guys break up?" I ask and she nods her head sadly.

"How do you do it?" she asks me. "You've been like this since you were Tyler's age, have you ever dated?" she asks.

"Never, not many would understand our lives" I tell her. "Most humans see us as monsters, we could only work with someone else from our world. That share the same secrets" I state. "But I made a promise to myself when I turned and realized what a curse it is being a werewolf. I promised I'd never pass it on. Which meant never letting myself fall in love and no dating. It's hard, wolves like vampires get very horny as you kids call it" I tell her. "But I won't risk a child of mine being born with this curse" I state.

"So you're saying I'm doomed to be alone forever?" she asks.

"No, you just need to find the right guy and you have eternity to do so" I tell her with a smile. "I once meet a vampire couple, they've been together for nearly a hundred years" I state.

"Wow, I can't imagine being with someone that long" she tells me.

"When you find the right person, you can't imagine life without them" I tell her. "You're welcome to stay the night, we have plenty of room" I state. She gives me a grateful smile. "Good night Caroline" I say.

"Good night Miss Lockwood" she says.

"Call me Taylor" I tell her with a smile.

"I'm gonna go check on Tyler" she states. I nod my head and go upstairs to my room. I listen in as Caroline speaks to Tyler, who had woken up. They talked about her breaking up with Matt. About their friendship and his tried to kill her twice. I heard Tyler comfort her as she cried. Before falling asleep.

A/N

Picture above of Taylor and Klaus' wolves.