Chapter 12 Pt1

I stared at the Indominus with wide eyes. I grabbed onto Owens arm and closed my eyes, waiting for certain death. But it never came. I slowly opened one eye and saw that Blue, along with the other Raptors, were having a stare down with the Indominus. Blue chirped at the Indominus, and the Indominus screeched back. That went on for a few seconds before the Indominus let out a loud roar and the Raptors made a protective circle around us.

"Run!" I suddenly exclaimed as I pushed everyone towards a nearby shack.

The Indominus then charged at us, but the Raptors all sprang into action and jumped on her back. They clawed and bit the Indominus, but she managed to throw them off. I grabbed the rifle that I still managed to somehow keep with me and fired it at the Indominus. She let out a roar and charged at me.

I quickly dived behind an amber stone and looked for the others. Claire and the boys were hiding in a shack, while Owen was also hidden behind another an amber stone. I took a deep breathe and stepped out from behind the stone and fired again. The Indominus swiped at me but I quickly flew into the air.

Another screech was heard and I whipped my head around to see Comet flying towards the Indominus. He dived at her and swiped his talons at her face. The Indominus roared and swiped again, but Comet soared out of range. I let out a shrill whistle and Comet looked towards me, letting out screech before flying my direction.

"Whose a good boy." I rubbed his nose as he let out a chirp in recognition. I tossed him a small piece of fish and turned towards the Indominus.

"You ready?" I asked as turned to Comet with a determined look. He let out a loud screech and flapped his wings.

"Alright!" I exclaimed and laughed. "Comet..." I turned around and glared down at the Indominus. "Attack!"

Comet let out a loud roar and flew into the air before nose diving straight down at the Indominus. He managed to bite and claw her a few times, but that didn't last very long.

I landed on the ground and hid behind the same stone as Owen. I gave him a quick smile before I turned back to Comet. He flew around the Indominus a few times before making a mistake, he flew in front of her. The Indominus quickly roared and tightly clamped her jaws shut, catching Comet in between them. My hand flew to my mouth and I let out a stifled sob as I watched Comet struggle to get free.

"Comet!" I yelled and dashed forward, but a pair of hands wrapped around my waist and held me back. "Let me go! Comet!" I twisted and turned to get free, but I was stuck.

Owen pulled me to his chest and firmly held me there as I struggled and cried. I crumbled to the ground and brought my hands to my face. I soon heard the sickening sound of the Indominus throwing Comet to the ground.

"Why didn't you let me go!" I screamed as I spun around to face Owen and pounded my fists again his chest.

"Because! You would've died, okay!" He retorted as he jabbed his finger in the direction of the Indominus. "There is no way to stop that thing."

"How do you know!"

"Unless we had something with more teeth, than we might have a chance, but we don't!"

I sat down next to him and leaned my head against his shoulder. "More teeth." I mumbled. Suddenly, an idea formed in my head. It was probably an idiotic one, but I couldn't think of anything else. I sat straight up and turned to Owen with a grin in my face. "That's it! We need more teeth!"

"What are you talking about?" Owen gave me a look of confusion. "I literally just said that."

"Owen, you're a genius!" I exclaimed and pulled him into a hug "I have an idea." I stated.

"And?"

"Stay here." I commanded as I stood up and flew into the air.

"Erin!"

I soared through the air, dodging a few swipes as I went and picked up a lonesome flare off of the ground. I knew want we needed. I slowly gained speed and flew straight to the T-Rex paddock. My wings flapped steadily as I typed in the code, and the gates slowly opened.

I landed on the ground and it rumbled as the Tyrannosaurus slowly walked came into my view. I lit the flare and flew into the air once more, holding the flare in the T-Rex's face. I turned around and flew down the hallway, the T-Rex slowly following behind me.

One thing that I really, really hoped would happen, is that my plan would work and nobody else would die.