𝟐𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗; 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙷𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁
─────  𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 ─────
✨🌻💗🌻💗🌻💗✨

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗; 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙷𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁─────  𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 ─────✨🌻💗🌻💗🌻💗✨

──── ( 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞────
𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺, 9:32 𝘢.𝘮.

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐆𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐂 for Victoria. She gets to get out of the house to only focus on the two little creatures who only see the best in her, it's astonishing how she does the bare minimum and they look at her as if she hangs the stars on the sky. It doesn't matter that someone with a camera always ends up finding her and then, in a matter of minutes, her picture is out on the internet where strangers will comment on her outfit, on her dogs, on her life — at this point this things don't faze her anymore. Still, having discovered a pet friendly hiking trail that's basically deserted, Vic was relieved for the small ounce of privacy.

Zeppelin and Simba — who was no longer a puppy, but still had much shorter legs than the older dog — ran ahead of their human sniffing every leaf or rock in their path. The sun reflected on Vic's skin giving her a certain glow (or maybe it was just sweat) and on her ears a pair of AirPods played a Fleetwood Mac song. It was a good morning.

Or it was.

Until a fair-colored dog appeared out of nowhere and tackled Zeppelin to the floor, to which Simba furiously barked in defense. Oh, lord! Something like this had never happened before, but Victoria came out of her shock quickly and ran towards the dogs. She wasn't sure of what she'd do, but her boy needed her and she would rescue him even if it meant enduring some nasty bite from a random dog in the process.

Getting closer to the dogs, Victoria was relieved to discover to unknown dog was actually just licking Zepp's snout while wagging his tail. Wait a minute...

"Dodger?" at the woman's voice the dog in question let go of Zeppelin and happily approached the actress. "Hey, buddy! What are you doing here?" she pet his head affectionately.

"Dodger!" someone called — a voice Victoria knew all too well. "There you are." he said letting out a breath of relief now that he had found his dog.

The Davis woman was stunned to see Chris face to face after over a year of minimum contact, and once the man took notice of his surroundings — noticed to whom his dog had ran to — he too was stunned.

"Now it makes sense why he ran." Evans smiled. "Hi Vic."

"Hey." she greeted back, nervously twisting the dog's leashes in her hands.

"Zepp!" Chris patted down the dog that was jumping on him, asking for attention. "Oh Simba, little guy!" he bent down to pet the french bulldog. "You're all grown up now."

"He's become a little menace that one." Victoria commented watching the man interact with the dogs. "Ever since he learned how to howl, Zepp and I have been granted front row seats for his concerts every night."

"He does seem like a performer." the man agreed grinning at the grey dog that now had his belly up for him to scratch. "I love to witness a concert of yours, bud."

Chris and the dogs were at ease at each other, like Zepp and Simba had never been apart from him and Dodger. Victoria had forgotten how magical it was to watch this man and their dogs interacting. The pets clearly loved him so much and the sight of it brought back a warmth to Vic's heart that she hadn't felt in a while. Maybe that's why she spoke.

"We're actually just about to head out and grab some food at the food truck a couple blocks that way." the brunette said pointing ahead. "You and Dogder are welcome to join us. If you want, of course."

She did in fact go to therapy back when they called quits whatever situationship they had. Victoria's trust issues were mostly eased out by sixteen months of weekly sessions — she even tried going on dates and it was fun. There was still some a long process she needed to followed (God knows she's got issues), but the thought of a relationship no longer sent chills through her spine and made her nauseous, it still makes her nervous and slightly wary but in an exciting kind of way. Maybe Chris changed his mind about her though — it had been awhile indeed. However, maybe this surprising encounter was fate. Maybe she's going insane. It didn't matter either way, there were voices in the back of her head telling her to be cautious. The voices had quieted down and Victoria was calm.

"I would like that." Chris replied with a genuine smile.

Maybe it was a new beginning.