15 | Lover by Taylor Swift

Start from the beginning

Lightly, Y/n slapped his shoulder; if he wasn't still hurting, she would've properly smacked him, but she'll save that for next time. ''Stop calling me that in front of people that aren't Si Eun or Bum Seok.''

''But why?'' He whined, then suddenly grinned. ''Are you flustered?''

''Embarrassed to be seen with you is more like it.''

''Don't be mean, cutie.''

They grabbed their lunch and the four of them sat at an empty table; they were barely sitting when Soo Ho dug into his overfilled tray. ''Can you eat all that?'' Si Eun asked.

''Yes, and I'll go to the snack bar, too.'' Soo Ho admitted shamelessly. ''Right, Oh Bum?''

''Sure. It's on me,'' Bum Seok said. ''Let's go together.''

''No, don't do that. It's on me today. Knock yourselves out, guys.'' Soo Ho was, once again, talking with his mouth open.

''Dumbass, stop talking with your mouth full,'' Y/n scolded him again, lightly slapping the back of his head.

''I'm multitasking!''

''Y/n.'' Her eyes moved to Si Eun, whose gaze seemed to be stuck at something over her shoulder. ''Why are your friends looking at us like that?''

Furrowing her eyebrows, Y/n locked eyes with Soo Ho for a moment before she looked back. Sure enough, her friends sat on a table not too far, all of them — bar Ji Hyun, who looked disinterested — looking at them. Once they realized Y/n had noticed, they quickly gave her awkward smiles and looked away. Y/n was sure it wouldn't be long before they start staring again.

With a sigh, Y/n turned back to Si Eun. ''Ignore them, they're just nosy like that.'' She needed to have a talk with them later.

''Are you guys free on the weekend?'' Bum Seok suddenly asked. ''I've scoped out a good restaurant. Let's go together.''

Y/n's eyes lit up. ''Yeah, let's go.'' Anything to get her out of the house, really.

''I love good restaurants.'' Soo Ho nodded in agreement. ''Let's go. Let's do it.''

Si Eun looked at Soo Ho in exasperation. ''How can you talk about food when you're already eating?''

''Don't you talk about life while living?''

Bum Seok snorted. Y/n chuckled, pointing her chopsticks at Si Eun. ''He got you there.''

Si Eun let out a quiet sigh and looked down at his food. ''Hey, what's going on with Young Yi's part-time job?''

Young Yi ended up temporarily moving in with Soo Ho, at least until she can get back on her feet since she couldn't go home. Soo Ho's grandmother had welcomed her with open arms, apparently — Y/n had felt iffy about it at first, though Young Yi didn't seem like the type of girl to backstab her, nor did Soo Ho seem like a cheater. Not that we're together, but we're pretty much committed, right? Young Yi won't change that, if not for anything else, then because we have at least some amount of respect for each other. Right?

''She has an interview this weekend,'' Soo Ho said. ''They needed to hire someone, so it's good.''

Bum Seok looked around everyone. ''Who's Young Yi?''

''Remember that girl with the thick bangs and purple highlights?'' Y/n said, gesturing to her own hair to demonstrate.

''Oh, her.'' Bum Seok nodded, then looked back at Soo Ho. ''You knew her already?''

Soo Ho shook his head. ''No.''

''She's staying with Soo Ho temporarily,'' Si Eun explained.

''Should we invite her this weekend?'' Soo Ho asked.