14 | Hospital Beds Can be Comfortable - With the Right Person

Mulai dari awal

''I'm okay,'' he said, giving her another small smile.

Y/n nodded, taking yet another bite from her burger. ''Man, you're God-sent, Si Eun. Thank you so much.''

The atmosphere was light and Y/n couldn't remember the last time she felt so at home. She didn't have that feeling at her real home, not at all. It wasn't really the same as when she hung out with her other friends, either. These people . . . why does it feel so different with them?

But something was missing. Someone was missing.

''Guys, let's take a selfie!'' Young Yi said as she moved to Soo Ho's bed, pulling Si Eun along. She snapped a few pictures with the four of them, then some of Y/n and Soo Ho stuffing their faces with food. There was one of just her, then one of her and Y/n. After finishing her food, Y/n moved over to Young Yi's bed to peer down at her phone as she chose which pictures to post.

''Oh, I can't tag Soo Ho,'' Young Yi said. ''He doesn't follow me back.''

''Dumbass, follow her back,'' Y/n moved back over to his bed, sitting down next to him. ''Come on, do it quicker.''

''Do it yourself,'' Soo Ho said and handed her the phone with his good hand. ''Password is three-zero-zero-nine-zero-four.''

''Woah, we're at password basis already?'' Y/n chuckled as she typed in the numbers. She found the app and as she opened it, her eyes widening at the sight. Her account faced her. She chuckled ''I knew you were stalking me.''

She felt him shuffle behind her, then he peered over her shoulder. ''I don't know how that happened.''

Y/n rolled her eyes. ''Yeah, right.'' He has to like me, right? She moved away to the notifications tab, noticing Young Yi had followed him last. She quickly followed her back, then put Soo Ho's phone down, ignoring all the other notifications.

Y/n's own phone dinged and she looked down, seeing that Young Yi had tagged her in a post. Y/n quickly opened it and liked it; then she tapped the button to make her own post, the picture she wanted loading up immediately — the one of her laying her head on Soo Ho's. She pursed her lips, then looked at Soo Ho.

''Do you mind if I post this?'' Y/n said, angling her phone to Soo Ho so he could see.

Soo Ho's eyebrows furrowed and he took the phone in his hand, staring at the picture for a second. ''Yeah, you can. Send it to me after, cutie.''

''Sure.'' She chose the picture and moved on to the captioning. Her fingers hovered over her keyboard, the perfect word coming to mind.

Dumbass. She wrote, then added a red heart next to it. Biting the inside of her cheek, Y/n quickly backspaced it.

''No, put it back.''

Y/n's head snapped back at that, her eyes meeting Soo Ho's. His eyes were red and tired, and his hair looked a little disheveled. Despite his messed up state, Y/n couldn't help but want to hold him, press her lips to his and just stay with him, but she knew she couldn't, not yet. And despite all odds, he almost looked like he wanted the exact same thing.

''What?''

''Put it back.'' Soo Ho gestured to her phone, making half a heart with his non-injured hand. When Y/n didn't move, he clicked his tongue, took her phone and added the emoji himself. Y/n watched as he tagged himself, then post the photo and finally hand her phone back. ''There you go, cutie.''

She didn't look away from him. She couldn't after what he'd just done. There was a picture on her account of the two of them in his hospital bed, him leaning on her shoulder with a heart in the caption. Did she need anymore confirmation than that?