Chapter 20: Lake Of Blood

Start from the beginning

We found an ice wall and Eda crashed through it. "Did I do it? Did I go into harpy mode?" Eda asked. "No, you just screamed 'hoot' and ran headfirst into a wall of ice. Pretty funny actually" King said. Amity kept her palisman at the back of us, mainly Hunter and made sure that we were following Eda. "You can put down your staff. We won't run" Hunter said to Amity. "Too bad because I don't trust you" Amity said. "You say that meanwhile you tried to run before" I whispered to Hunter. "Shut it for now Y/n" Hunter said. "Huh, this stuff is old" Eda said. "Ancient witches used to mine the vines for Titan Blood" Hunter said. "They're not paying attention" Amity said as we watched Eda and King joke around. Eda wanted to see if some adrenaline would make her harpy side come out. "Wait, don't!" I screamed but King had already shot the drill at Eda. Lucky it missed but it started to bounce around the cave and Amity caught it in her abomination slim. Eda and King just stared at us, mainly Amity. "This isn't a normal cave! These walls are made from the veins of the Titan!" Hunter said. "Any magic you shoot will bounce right back at you" I said. "Oh, you must have fun at parties" Eda said to Hunter. "Hey King, How about you use your new powers to echolocate the lake?" Eda said to King. King chuckles and jumps off the drill he was on. "How do you know this stuff Y/n?" Amity asked me. "Well when you're stuck in the castle, reading is the most fun you'll get" I said. "And golden boy here is a big nerd" I said. "I heard that! Stop telling everyone that!" Hunter said, embarrassed. King yelled into the tunnel but nothing happened. "Those two are definitely gonna get us caught" Hunter said. "'Us'? There is no us, now keep walking" Amity said and pointed her palisman at Hunter's back. 'Why does it seem that everyone is more mean to Hunter than me? Maybe because I know them more? But they definitely don't trust me now so why such a big change' I wondered as we were conditioned to walk.

Amity POV

I can't believe Y/n the Silver Guard! I mean, she is such a quiet and kind person so how did she end up being one of the most highly ranked witches of the Boiling Isles!?!? Does her father know? Maybe he's a scout and that's how she ended up like this! I'll make sure she won't get hurt on this adventure. After all this, we'll help her get freed from Belos and the Golden Guard but I think it might be a challenge. He seems to be very protective of her and would let her go without a fight. 'Don't worry Y/n, I'll save you from the evil grasp of the Emperor~' I thought as we continued to walk.

Y/n POV

As we walked, I saw FlapJack following us from above. "You know, Luz told me about a trip to Latissa where she met some very interesting people" Eda said. "A beat-up blonde with no magical powers and someone with human traits. She called them, and these are her words 'a bad but sad boy' and the girl 'shy but strong willed girl'" Eda said and started to laugh and King joined. Hunter looked embarrassed and said, "If I ever see that human again-" But was cut off by Amity. "Watch it" Amity said. "At least I'm not delusional enough to think I can turn into a harpy" Hunter said and I let out a small giggle. Eda hissed at Hunter and gave me a side eye. "Sorry, that just reminds me of a friend" I said. "Hey come on, give it a rest you two" King said. "Yeah, listen to your rat" Hunter says while King jumps on Hunter and starts to pull on his hair. "Shh" Amity says and we walk further ahead and see Kikimora and some scouts enter the cave we were in. One of the scouts told Kikimora to take it easily because they were in a dangerous area of the cave. Kikimora didn't care and started to yell at the poor scout. "Oh that poor girl is going through something" Eda said. "She's also blocking that path to Eclipse Lake" Amity said and pointed to an opening past Kikimora. "We should create a distraction" Hunter suggested. "We should create a distraction!" Eda yelled and got up. "You kids wait for my signal" Eda said and jumped down to go somewhere with King.

"Huh, that was easy. When they are caught we can take the Titan's blood for ourselves" Hunter said and sat down. "Stop talking like we're a team!" Amity said. "We might as well be. The Owl Lady and her pet have nothing at stake, unlike us" Hunter said. "You have no idea what you're talk-" Amit said but was cut off by a notification on her tamagotchi. As she went to check it, Hunter got up and looked over her shoulder. She checked and saw random emojis. "Off, that doesn't look good" Hunter stated. "Stay back!" Amity said to Hunter as he backed up. "But what doesn't look good?" Amity asked Hunter. "Seems clear to me, 'come back with results or else'... you can figure out the rest" Hunter said. "No, Luz wouldn't make that kind of threat. I'm an awesome girlfriend" Amity said. "Has she told you that?" Hunter questions. 'I feel bad for Amity but I'll stay quiet till I need to' I thought. "We all have a lot in common, Blight. We're all trying to show what we can bring to the table and we all can't fail 'cause there's nothing worse than disappointing someone who thinks you're special" Hunter explains. Amity thought for a moment before shooting a spell at the wall, making it bounce all over the cave. "Follow me" She said as we started to run with her. "Why didn't you wait for our signal?" Eda asked as she and King joined us in running. "We don't have time to play around, we are getting that Titan blood" Amity explains but while running, dropped her tamagotchi. As we walked, FlapJack landed on Hunter's shoulder. "Aww he likes you~" I said. "Whatever, find a different perch bird" Hunter said as FlapJack flew off. We heard the other gasp and looked and saw a ton of fools blood in front of us.