Prologue

In the midst of an argument, our father unleashed a barrage of criticism, accusing us of being ungrateful and incompetent. "You guys can't do anything right," he bellowed, "and you don't appreciate anything I do for you. If you think you can do a better job than I, then move the hell out of my house."

Kelsi, never one to shy away from a confrontation, fired back, "Maybe we will!" Chloe added fuel to the fire with a snarky remark, "We'll be just fine without you." Unwilling to back down, I declared, "We'll be out by the weekend."

Our father's words had stung, but we were determined not to let him tear us down. We knew we were capable of making it on our own, and we were ready to prove it.

Dear Journal,

06/12/2018

Standing in my now empty room, I surveyed the remnants of my life scattered haphazardly around me. Every item I owned was either packed away or left behind. I made sure to carefully secure my journals and books, for they were my solace and refuge. Without them, I would be lost. However, despite my preparations, a wave of anxiety washed over me as I tried to squeeze the last few essentials into my bags. I knew I couldn't return to retrieve the rest of my belongings, and the thought of leaving a part of myself behind made me feel incomplete.

It was surreal to be in this situation. Things were not perfect, but we were getting by. I never thought our father would go this far. Yes, he had his moments of erratic behavior, but I never imagined he would actually kick us out of his house. Now, we were forced to leave behind the only home we had ever known and start anew.

Living with a father who was diagnosed with bipolar is never easy, but I never thought it would come to this. We had been dealing with his erratic behavior for years, but this time it was different. Something snapped inside him, and he couldn't control his anger anymore. I guess this will be for the best. Maybe this is what we need to start a new life without our toxic father. Leaving everything behind and starting fresh is scary, but I'm willing to take that risk.

I hope this move will give us a better life, free from the constant fear and anxiety of living with someone who is mentally unstable. It's hard to say what the future holds, but I'm optimistic that things will work out in the end. Only God knows what lies ahead, but I'm willing to put my faith in him and take this leap.

Kind regards,

Caitlyn Grey