one.

Luke's POV :

Do you ever notice yourself getting bad again? Like, you're not doing work that needs to be done?  You know you're not cleaning, you know you're not taking care of yourself, you know all the things you need to do to feel better, but you just can't. That's exactly how I've been feeling lately.

"Luke, it's been a week! You have to get your ass up of that couch, make yourself look like a human being again and come with us!" - Ashton said as he tried to convince me to go with them to the local karaoke bar.

"Man, you could get all the girls in there. Why would you stay here alone with your thoughts when you could just have fun and forget everything?" - Calum joined my curly haired best friend. I shook my head in disagreement, making my friend roll his eyes.

"But I don't want any of those girls. I just want Haven back." - I muttered while chipping the black nail polish on my nails. Michael glanced over at me and opened his mouth to say something.

"Look," - He blurted, "Haven doesn't love you. She doesn't miss you. She's happy without you and busy living her life while you're still stuck wondering where things went wrong. Stop trying to find closure with someone that obviously doesn't care to give it to you. Live your life before you waste months or years searching for answers you may never get."

I let out a big sigh and said, "Alright! Let me get my shit together!" - I stood up to get ready to have fun. Or at least try to have fun.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

I don't even know why I agreed on coming here, because right now I'm not having fun. Ashton left to sing with Michael and his girlfriend, Crystal. They were singing - well, actually screaming - Taylor Swift's hit song 'Style' on the top of their lungs. I'm actually quite jealous of what they have, considering that they're the definition of soulmates and I'm hoping to find something like their relationship someday. I quickly looked away before I could overthink everything and I tried to search for Calum. Talking about Calum, I haven't seen him since we arrived, so I'm here sitting on a barstool alone, sending shots down my throat, letting them burn.

I don't know how many shots I already had when I heard an angelic, yet powerful voice sing some gut-wrenching lyrics.

"You're like splinters in my fingers
You cut me more with every move
'Til both my hands are black and blue, hmm
Now you're crying, perfect timing
We're living in a burning house
I should've blown the candles out, hmm"

I turned my head in the direction of the ethereal voice and I caught sight of a breathtaking girl with long chocolate brown hair and a "tall" figure. Her voice fitted her image perfectly. Her skin was utterly tanned and her cheeks were rosy, probably from the drinks she had. You could see the softness and the warmth in her mesmerising hazel eyes, but at the same time you could catch a glimpse of mystery in them as well. She was wearing a red mini dress with an oversized leather jacket, and a pair of docs.

"So how do you sleep?
You're watching me bleed
But you'll always be a
Rollercoaster
Spinning me around, up and down
'til we're over"

"Who are you staring at like that?" - Calum snapped me out of my daze trying to see who I'm looking at. I observed the girl one more time before turning to my mate.

"No one. I just zoned out a bit." - Calum glanced at me and I knew that he had noticed the girl as well.

"Why don't you go up to her?" - he asked while ordering us a shot of tequila, - "She looks pretty. Maybe you could use her as a rebound." - he smirks.

"I don't wanna use her as a rebound, Cal. I grew out of that phase of mine." - I poured the burning liquid down my throat, - "By the way I don't think I have a chance with her. She looks like she has a boyfriend."

"You'll never know if you don't talk to her."

I stared at the brown haired beauty one more time before I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to go up to her. Pushing through the crowd, I began biting my lip against my will. I was only an arm's length away from the aforementioned girl, when someone grabbed her arm and started pulling her towards the exit.

"Come on, girl! We gotta go!" - a platinum blonde girl screamed at her and she hurriedly pulled her through the crowd. We locked eyes for a few moments and I swear she even smiled at me like she already knew that I was coming for her. I tried to go after them, but when I finally got out of the bar, they were already in the cab.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about that girl from the karaoke bar. The song she was singing was running through my mind all night, I couldn't even sleep. I wasn't in love, but there was something special about her. I had a feeling in my heart that we're gonna meet again somehow.

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

author's note

FIRST CHAPTER IS OUT!! WHAAAT?
i actually really like this one and i hope you'll like it as well.
don't forget to vote!! 🤍