"Those in charge asked us to be very careful with our hands, and kept reminding us about the price of cloths all day long. What I heard most at that time was that if there's something found wrong with the cloths, even if we sold them, we wouldn't be able to afford the compensation."

"Then your mother must be sure. I'm very good to you." Xuan Jie said, and then frowned slightly, "Qianniang said that Cangyu is not good to me, is it because he doesn't care about me as much as your mother does to you?"

 Rong Dan was startled for a moment. , shook his head and said: "I don't know, I can't give you the answer, Xuan Jie, you don't understand what feelings my are. I feel very guilty for Cang Yu, not to mention whether there's anything wrong with him, even if there is, I can't tell whether it's true or false, because I can't and don't want to condemn him. Even if you ask me if he did something wrong, I'll find many excuses for it. This is guilt."

Different from those years ago, Rong Dan has matured a lot now. She's become much calmer, and her energy while still a girl faded a little. After being with Lin Yong, her inferiority and self-confidence have grown, and she's become more capable in dealing with the world. However, her heart sank a little bit. No matter how much Rong Dan wanted to control her own life, fate pushed her to rely on men, and she was unable to resist.

Being unable to resist the loneliness and fear, Rong Dan was patient and gentle towards Xuan Jie, the only person willing to talk to her.

Xuan Jie seemed to want to laugh a little, but didn't really laugh. His handsome and overly charming face looked mocking to Rong Dan.

Rong Dan did misunderstand it at first, but later she realized that Xuan Jie just didn't understand, or maybe just didn't care at all.

This is also the reason why Rong Dan speaks straightforwardly now.

"Really," Xuan Jie responded calmly, "Then let's not talk about him. Please tell me about Jiangnan."

Jiangnan...

Jiangnan has many things worth talking about, including the ladies fluttering and laughing in the bright spring light, vendors walking along the streets, various jars of pickles, clothes being washed, endless songs, sweet candies and cloud cakes, continuous spring rain, and all kinds of colorful paper umbrellas...

In those fragmented memories, there's always a beautiful and gentle woman holding a little girl, walking slowly along the long bluestone alley.

After Rong Dan finally recovered from her memory, she realized that she had said many irrelevant things. She nodded slightly apologetically to Xuan Jie: "I'm sorry, these are trivial matters. You probably don't want to hear it."

Xuan Jie shook his head and said, "It's nothing, Qian Niang told me that missing something is normal, not to mention that I want to listen to the affairs of the mortal world, you're not wrong."

"By the way, I always hear you talk about Qian Niang and Cang Yu, why don't I hear you talk about your parents?" The more Rong Dan talked, the more she missed her hometown and relatives. She was afraid that if she continued talking, she'd overwhelm herself. Asking Xuan Jie to take her away to Qingqiu, she hurriedly changed the subject.

Xuan Jie replied: "I don't have parents."

Rong Dan was surprised. She stared at Xuan Jie with her eyes wide open, and said guiltily for a while: "I... I didn't know. I'm sorry, did I trouble you, Xuan Jie? You're sad."

"What are you apologizing for?" Xuan Jie said calmly, "Because you have them but I don't, was it your fault? In terms of strength, I'm far superior to you, should I feel guilty for this for the rest of my life?"