"Oh my god, Murphy." I realise, getting up and running over to him and untying him before engulfing him in a hug. "How are you even alive?" I pull back and hold either side of his face in my hands. 

"I'm a cockroach, you know me." He smiles, making me let out a pitiful laugh that's almost like a cry. "I missed you, Hails." He says, pulling me back into a hug. 

"Me too." I say before helping him up. I turn to Clarke who's sitting on her knees by Lexa's still body. 

"Let the Concave begin." Titus says, his eyes turning to me. "I would have no part in it, but if Heda was able to choose her successor, it would have been you, regardless of your colour of blood." He says before leaving the room. 

"I need to go back to Arkadia." I mutter. 

"Hailey, they'll never let you back in there." Clarke says. "You'll be shot on sight." 

"Bellamy won't let it happen." I say, my voice wavering. "At least I hope not." I sigh. "I need to get to Miloch or Orla." 

"What are they going to do that we haven't?" Murphy asks. 

I shrug. "I don't know, all I know is that I need their guidance. You guys talk with the future commanders." I say, getting up and pulling the door, but finding it locked. I don't hesitate before pulling out my gun and shooting the lock, making my ears ring, but the doors fly open. 

I run down past the entrance to the throne room and begin running down the stairs. I open the door to the city and instantly find multiple pairs of eyes glued to me. I pay no mind before running up to a horse tied up nearby. I untie it without its owner seeing and leave Polis. 

--------------

I come up on the blockade and I'm immediately stopped. 

"Hailey kom Skaikru." One of them says. "Reskripa." His lips stretch into a thin line. "What is it you want?" 

"I want to reason with the people of Arkadia." I say, my chin tilted upward. 

"I can't allow you to pass." He says, but I pause when I see a flicker of blonde hair to my right. 

"Let her through, Nomke." Orla says, her dark eye makeup making her face appear nightmarish. He walks away and she takes his place in front of me. "Hello, Hailey." She smiles, pulling me into a hug, surprising me. 

"Hi." I let out a small laugh at her friendliness. "Didn't expect this." I say into her shoulder as she lets go. 

"Felt like you needed it." She says, making my lips turn downward. Her smile fades as she walks me to the side, out of earshot of other grounders. "What is wrong?" Her brown eyes narrow as she watches me. 

"Lexa is dead." I say, pressing my lips together. 

She watches me, her eyebrows raise and she lets out a breathy laugh. "That's it?" She says. "I could care less about her." She snorts, but stops after seeing my expression. "What." She deadpans. 

"I need to get through the blockade." I say. 

"No." She says, crossing her arms. "I'm in charge of this sect, so what I say goes." She shakes her head as I tilt mine and pout my lip. "No way." 

"I need to see Bellamy." I say. 

"That's exactly why I'm saying no!" She says, raising her voice. 

I raise a brow, "Either you let me in or you'll have to physically impair me to stop me." I cross my arms, matching her. "My father is in there and I need to see him." 

She looks to the side, thinking. "Once you pass the blockade, you're stuck there." She says, sighing. "And I've also gotten word that your sister and her posse are inside the blockade somewhere." 

I furrow my eyebrows. "She's looking for me." I say, my voice flat. 

"Yes, so if you go past the blockade, you are safe nowhere." Orla's voice hardens. "You are on you own." 

"I know." I nod, and she stares at me for a couple seconds, but instead of saying anything else, she hands me a black bottle. 

"Drink this if you get captured by grounders, they'll take you to the commander once they draw blood." She says, making my face screw up in confusion. "Don't worry about it, just keep it safe." She shouts words in trig and the blockade parts. "Now's the part where you run, Reskripa." She says, a smile coating her lips. "Good luck." 

------------

It takes 3 hours to reach the outskirts of Arkadia. I found Octavia and Indra along the way and we devised a plan. O and I would enter Arkadia with her getting Bellamy and me getting Miloch and Lincoln and then we would bring them to a secluded spot chosen by Indra. 

Using a walkie tuned into the right channel, I learned that Sinclair, Lincoln, Miloch, and my dad with a handful of other grounders have been sentenced to death on charges of treason. 

"Come on." I mutter, sliding through the slit in the fence. "Stay safe." I tell her before slipping behind the Ark and entering through a backdoor into the sleeping quarters I took residency in with Bellamy. 

I stick to the wall as I make it through the long hallway, but stop when I hear voices up ahead. I freeze, before opening the door to my right and entering a bedroom. I swing around, hoping nobody is in the room but of course there is and of course they start screaming. I jump forward, locking them in a chokehold. I hold it for a few seconds before they stop struggling, then I let them drop to the floor. I look at his face and I don't recognise him. 

I sigh before opening the door and listening for any sounds or voices in the hallway. Nothing. So I take off running towards the containment cells. 

Apart from the few guards along the way, I get there with relative ease. I pause around the corner from the containment cells, hearing a guard posted out front. 

I peak my head around the corner and see him pacing, so I raise my fingers to my lips and let out a low whistle. He stops and begins to walk in my direction and when he rounds the corner, I put him in a choke hold and knock him out. 

I grab the keys off of his belt and run towards the lock up. "Hailey?" Miloch says, getting everyone else's attention. 

"I'm here to rescue you guys." I say, but Miloch shakes his head. 

"No, it's too dangerous for you here, you need to go." He says walking up to the bars as the door unlocks. 

"He's right, Hailey." My dad says, walking up to me with Lincoln by his side. 

"I don't care." I say, but stop when I hear the stomping of footsteps nearby. "Come on!" I whisper yell to my dad, Miloch, and Lincoln before I run to a nearby vent and pop it off. "Go, go." I rush them inside the vent before running back up to the containment cell and shut it, locking the other grounders inside. "I'll be back." I whisper before running into the vent and shutting it before the guards round the corner. 

"Find her!" Pike screams to the guards. "Find Hailey and the missing prisoners." He seethes from in front of the containment cell. "If they run, shoot them, but I want Hailey alive."