ii. amnesia

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

FOUR YEARS AGO

Scarlett couldn't focus. Her head was pounding, and just trying to open her eyes hurt beyond belief. She forced her eyes open and saw bright lights above her. She groaned in pain as people she didn't know hovered over her. She felt a sharp pain in her side and glanced down to see crimson covering her body.

"My phone..." She mumbled with a struggle. "I need...I need to..." She couldn't speak without her head feeling like it would explode. "JJ.."

"Is that the boy you were with?" One of the medics questioned. She was trying to keep the girl conscious.

"No," The memory of her brother flying from the car made her panic. "Rafe...is he okay?" The medic nodded as she held the girl's hand.

"Your brother is fine, honey. I can't let you use the phone. It will hurt your head even more. But I can call this JJ for you?" She sent the medic a grateful smile as she squeezed the woman's hand. With minor difficulty, she managed to tell the woman her passcode and heard the phone ring.

"Letty?" JJ's comforting voice reached her ears, and she sobbed. "Letty? What is it?" She heard him grow more concerned as she cried.

"I love you, JJ." She answered brokenly. Her fear of not surviving this and never seeing her beautiful boy again made her terrified.

"I love you too, baby." His voice softened, making her smile; she winced in pain as the other medic applied more pressure on her stomach.

"I'm scared." She whispered, and the medics sent her sad looks. "I'm scared, JJ. It hurts so much." She sobbed out and ignored the way her head felt like it would explode.

"Letty, breathe. Baby, breathe. It's okay. You're going to be okay. I promise, alright? I always keep my word with you, don't I?" He added, making her nod; the medics were relieved that he had managed to calm her.

"Always." She replied instantly.

"And I won't start now by breaking it. Tell me what happened. Where are you?" He asked and turned to Big John and John B, who had been sending him worried looks as he spoke. His best friend knew he was on the verge of a panic attack. He gripped his hand in his free hand as he paced.

Scarlett tried to speak but couldn't find the words. She sent a silent plea to the medic and leaned over to inform the boy. Scarlett winced when the woman listed her injuries. She hadn't realized the extent of them.