Chapter Three

Aurora

Present

What the actual fuck is wrong with me? Not only did I have to look at Jade's face today, but Jayden walked us all the way back home with his arm around my shoulder. And the way he helped me up and hugged me the day before, I always felt towards him, but never this much.

When I was younger I thought he was cute, and sweet, not only that but he stuck up for me at school against everyone, no matter who it was. Even though he was the popular kid and I was the kid who got bullied. Now he's here, and now I'm older, I can't help but feel something I know as 'Sexual urges' towards my best friend's cousin.

"Ror, you alright?" Someone knocks at my bedroom door. I quickly try to push away the inappropriate thoughts from my mind.

"Yes!" I call out and hope to God that whoever is outside doesn't come in. I'm having a bloody crisis here.

"Can I come in?" The male voice asks, fuck, fuck. I'm about to start having a bloody tantrum.

"Yeah sure." I called out instead. The door opens and in, walks the current bane of my existence.

"Dinner is ready." He says and smirks looking me up and down. Why the fuck is that so hot?

"I'll be down in a minute." I say fixing the glasses resting on my nose. If possible his smirk gets even wider.

"What are you reading?" He asks me, looking at the title. I quickly cover it with my blanket, he doesn't need to know what I read.

"A book." I answer tightly. He rolls his eyes.

"No, I thought it was a dog." He says sarcastically sitting on the desk near the door. He grips the edge, the veins on his hand protruding. My heart beats quicker than before and my breathing becomes really hard.

"What is it about?" He asks me, flexing his hands. My eyes trail down to them, holy shit, What would they look like wrapped around my-

"Hello?" He calls, my eyes snap up to his and heat forms across my cheeks down to my neck. He pushes off the desk stalking towards my seat on the bed, he stands in front of me, my face eye level with his crotch. I look down making sure the book is hidden underneath the blanket properly.

"I asked a question, Freckles." His voice sounds deeper than before and he lifts my chin with his finger forcing me to meet his eyes. I'm fucking scared, what is this shit? I clear my throat looking into the deep pools of his dark blue eyes.

"I don't care," I say strongly, letting my facial features relax slightly. He smirks again and gestures to the blanket over my lap.

"I asked what your book was about." He repeats, chuckling slightly a warm rumble to his voice. He lets his hand drop from my chin but instead he fans it across my cheek rubbing his thumb across it lightly.

"None of your business." I say hiding it further under the blanket.

"Sounds good." He laughs sarcastically, tucking hair behind my ear.

"Come." He commands, dragging me out the door and down the stairs. When we enter the dining room everyone's eyes turn towards us, well, to Jay's hand on my wrist. Emmy's lips tip up a little, Liam smirks, Mason just doesn't look up and Alex winks.

"Well that took longer than expected, want to explain why?" Alex says and I quickly let go of Jay's hand and sit in my seat.

"Not necessarily ." Jay says sitting opposite me and digging into the pasta in front of him. I grab my glass of water and take a large gulp trying to ease the scratchiness in my throat.