━━ v. sister life

Start from the beginning

Ruby tried to get closer to her but the three interns pulled her away. „Don't do that!"

„Hey, don't touch me. I can manage it."

„I knew she'd break sooner or later. Just a matter of time." Cristina's mother said nonchalantly.

Cristina yelled. „I will kill her!"

Meredith started escorting Helen out of the room. „Ma'am."

Helen exclaimed out of protest. „I'm her mother!"

Ruby shrugged helping Meredith. „We don't do well with mothers here. My mother abandoned me, hers, well also mine, has alzheimer's. So mommy issues. Why don't you leave and come back later."

Meanwhile George handed Cristina a tissue. She was still sobbing. „Make, make it stop. Make it stop— Somebody sedate me!"

*

Some days later, Ruby found herself walking with the rest of the interns and Bailey to a patient.

„Henry Lamott. Age 42. Is scheduled with Dr. Shepherd for a Spinal Implant to control the painof his Herniated Disk. Is allergic to all pain medication."

Ruby heard a laughing coming from the televison, girls laugher. What?

She asked confused. „Is that...?"

Henry's wife, Marie answered not looking up from her knitting. „Porn."

„Porn? As in ‚Porn'?" Dr. Bailey asked and looked at the TV.

Alexs grin widened. „All right. What are we watching?"

„Karev, go stand in the hall. Uh, Mr. and Mrs. Lamott, I'm sure you are very nice people, and what you do in the privacy of your own— look we can't have porn in here. This is a hospital."

Henry the patient shrugged. „It's for my pain. My doc says that it releases endorphins in the brain, and it helps keep my pain at a managable level."

George eyes widened astounded. „Really?"

„George. Hall."

Izzie asked unsure of the situation. „What is this?"

„Nasty Naughty Nurses, um, 4." The wife answered.

Cristina, Izzie, Ruby and Meredith stared fixated to the screen and all tilted their heads to the right at the same time.

„That does not look comfortable." Cristina said furrowing her brows.

„Trust me. It's not."
„It's kinda fire."

Meredith and Ruby said simultaneously, turned to the other. Cristina and Izzie both looked at them with mouths agape.

„Get in the hall." Their resident ordered and shushed them off. „O'Malley, Karev, you're in the pit today. Stevens, there's a cardiac patient waiting for you up on two. Yang, keep an eye on the Lamotts. I don't want any problems. Go."

Bailey turned to the two remaining interns. „Grey, Moore, your mother is being descharged this evening. You've made arrangements, or do you need more time? Oh, don't look at me like that, Ruby. I'm Dr. Bailey, I know everything." The short woman added after seeing Rubys shocked look.

„The nursing home is coming at 8."

Ruby added. „They arranged a nice room for her."

„Alright. Then you're with Shepherd. Derek Shepherd, Today." Bailey said to Meredith who just looked back. „Hey, life is short. Times are hard. The road is long with many winding turn. He asked for you. Take it up with him. Moore, you're in the pit."